MRC Global serves the oil and gas industry across the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors as well as the chemical and gas distribution market sectors worldwide.
Ensure that MRC Global purchase orders are accepted by our vendors and that order progress is monitored in an effort to identify and communicate potential breakdowns that may adversely affect customer requirements.
Employees accomplish our mission through the daily execution of our core values:
- Safety Leadership
- Business Ethics
- Operational Excellence
- Customer Satisfaction
- Financial Performance
- Employee Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities(not all inclusive)
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation
- Expedite purchase orders to identify problems that will adversely effect on time delivery;
- Maintain and update purchase order ship dates in MRC Global system for expediting purposes;
- Communicate order status to Sales Team;
- Maintain and update purchase order and Sales Order information in MRC Global specific software;
- Act as liaison between MRC Global Sales team and MRC Global vendors for expediting orders;
- Communicate key information to branch locations (as part of expediting process);
- Prepare expediting status reports and other ad hoc reports as required;
- Learn new business processes as required and serving as a resource to others;
- Establish rapport and provide prompt responses to internal and external customer requests using written and electronic correspondence, proper phone etiquette and other effective interpersonal skills;
- Work scheduled and unscheduled overtime as needed;
- Perform other departmental duties or projects as assigned;
- Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
Education, Experience & Ability Requirements
Any combination of requirements which provide knowledge & abilities necessary to perform Essential Duties & Responsibilities will be considered
- High school diploma or a GED (General Education Degree);
- Experience in process evaluation or comparable experience necessary;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, with emphasis in Excel and/or Access; ability to learn MRC specific software and other web based applications;
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, and the ability to multitask;
- Self starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent customer service skills, including written correspondence, proper phone etiquette, and other effective interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others; to understand and interpret safety instructions; and to respond to inquiries;
- Ability to understand and comply with MRCGlobal guidelines & expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions
Text Constant MRC Global subscribes to the principle of equal employment opportunity, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time