Job Description (other duties may be assigned over time based on employee proficiency and performance)
Management & Handling of Cremated Remains – 25%
- Tracking, packaging, and transferring of cremated remains into cremation urns.
- Shipping of cremated remains.
- Managing inventory of packaging materials.
- Managing inventory of cremation urns.
Photo-Tribute Production – 35%
- Scanning of physical photographs.
- Processing of digital photos via Adobe Lightroom.
- Processing of digital photos via Adobe Photoshop (occasionally).
- Use of photo tribute software to create and render thoughtful and meaningful photo-biographies for publication on the company website (training provided).
- Creating title-slides for production based on hobbies/interests of the deceased discovered through the obituary.
- Hard-deadline timeframes involved.
Web Obituary Page Production 20%
- Edit family submitted obituaries for publication in both newspapers and the company website (training provided).
- Template based obituary web page creation & editing; no need to know web code, software works more similarly to desktop publishing software; attention to detail is essential.
- Hard-deadline adherence is a must.
Online Urn Order Management – 20%
- Processing of urn and jewellery urn online orders.
- Communication with urn and jewellery suppliers.
- Communication with client families relative to orders (clarifications and completions).
Punctuality, deadlines, and dependability
- Paid overtime may be necessary to meet obituary deadlines. Managing one’s own time and schedule is essential.
- Dependability and punctuality are of the highest importance to management.
- All necessary training is provided however we sincerely appreciate self-motivated individuals who learn quickly. The successful candidate will be one who is motivated to provide the very best possible service to our client families.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 – 45 per week
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
- fluent English (required)
Work Location: In person