Supported Lifestyles Ltd. is a not-for-profit agency that provides support services to adults with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges. Our mission is to provide personalized support to assist people with disabilities to establish a fulfilling lifestyle within the community.
Supported Lifestyles Ltd. is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the HR Director, the HR Coordinator is a key component of the HR team at Supported Lifestyles and the successful candidate will work closely with the HR Director and collaborate with the HR team on a daily basis. The typical schedule for this position would be Monday – Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm with some flexibility required.
The Human Resources Coordinator will possess a comprehensive understanding of various human resources functions and duties across the agencies. In consultation with the HR Director, their primary role is to facilitate HR-related processes within the agency, such as Accommodations, WCB claims, First Aid/CPR, LOA, Recruitment, Wage Increases, etc. Additionally, the HR Coordinator will also take on assigned projects under the guidance of the HR Director. Collaboratively, they will work with other service areas to ensure the fulfillment of HR needs within the agency.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide guidance and support to address supervisory, employee relations, and performance-related concerns.
- Facilitate the revision of HR and agency processes as needed, collaborating with the HR Director and service areas.
- Participate in HR strategic planning and present objectives at Agency Planning meetings.
- Develop and revise agency policies to align with legislative requirements.
- Take part in various agency working committees (accreditation, recruitment, retention, coordinator meetings, etc.) and provide advice on committees involving HR procedures or functions.
- Engage in projects assigned by the HR Director and Executive Director.
- Supervise receptionists and HR Assistants, conducting regular supervisions and performance evaluations.
- Deliver and evolve the HR Matters Workshop for new supervisors.
- Assist with full-cycle recruitment for office level positions as needed.
- Assist in internal investigations as requested by the HR Director.
- Oversee and manage all WCB claims, including modified work contracts and back-to-work plans.
- Oversee and manager Leave of Absences (LOA`s). Manage letters concerning various leave of absences and returns, ensuring compliance with policies.
- Monitor and maintain essential personnel documentation/records as per agency policy.
- Maintain personnel files in workable conditions, ensuring adequate spacing.
- Collaborate with directors, coordinators, and the Health & Safety Committee to ensure employee compliance.
- Work closely with payroll/accounting personnel to update wage, benefit, and employment records.
- Generate essential personnel-related reports for the HR Director and Executive Director.
- Engage in research activities related to employment standards, OHS, Human Rights, etc. as directed.
- Other duties as assigned by the HR Director.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources or equivalent.
- 3+ years related work experience as an HR generalist at a senior level position.
- 2 years supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, teamwork, and organizational skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and outlook).
- Experience with HR software packages and competency in computer usage.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $64,801.68 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Human resources: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person