Bausch + Lomb Corporation, (NYSE/TSX:
BLCO), is solely dedicated to protecting and enhancing the gift of sight for millions of people around the world from the moment of birth through every phase of life. Our mission is simple yet powerful: Helping you see better to live better.
The company is one of the best-known and most respected healthcare brands in the world, offering the widest and finest range of eye health products including contact lenses and lens care products, pharmaceuticals, intraocular lenses, and other eye surgery products.
Our highest priority is the well-being of the people we serve. By listening to our customers and patients, by constantly honing our innovation edge, by executing with integrity and excellence, we strive to earn the trust of our partners and stakeholders.
Over the last 167 years, Bausch + Lomb has become a global hallmark for innovation and quality. Our talented and motivated colleagues work relentlessly to invent new materials, engineer new technologies, and ultimately bring new innovations to help people see better to live better.
Territory Manager – B+L Surgical
Maritime Region, Canada
Regional Sales Manager - Surgical
The Territory Manager for B+L Surgical products is accountable for all sales activity and customer relationships in existing and potential surgical accounts within the assigned territory. The purpose of this role is to promote and sell the B+L Surgical portfolio of products through meeting with surgical ophthalmology customers and uncovering their stated and unstated needs. Through continuous sales activity the Territory Manager is expected to develop strong relationships by key stakeholders and influencers in the buying process. Product responsibilities include the promotion and sales of the Bausch + Lomb Ophthalmic Surgical portfolio for both Anterior (Cataract), and Posterior (Vitreoretinal) solutions. This includes, but is not limited to; IOLs, phacoemulsification equipment/consumables, vitreoretinal procedural equipment/ consumables, viscoelastics, ophthalmic instruments, and also support in the lead generation of B+L Refractive Equipment and Digital Vision systems. The core customer targets are Ophthalmologists, Nurses, Purchasing/Procurement (in hospital and within SSO’s) and various levels of hospital administration.
Principal Territory Management Accountabilities:
- Manage the territory to meet each customer’s needs through the sale of Bausch + Lomb Surgical products.
- Utilizing sales tools such as call planning tools, monthly sales reports, business plans etc. to identify customers’ needs and develop a plan to execute against those needs
- Leverage Bausch + Lomb resources with the assistance of the Regional Sales Manager and Marketing Department
- Assist in the development and implementation of business plans and account specific programs designed to meet defined goals
- Develop and maintain product knowledge and value-added selling skills in accordance with established expectations and standards.
- Meet assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets to achieve revenue and profit goals.
- Develop and implement territory management plans to focus time and attention on high payoff activities.
- Work closely with Regional Sales Manager/ Marketing to design and implement tactical sales plans in order to execute product-marketing strategy within defined financial parameters.
- Meet reporting requirements including expense reports, mileage reports and sales reports.
- Support all Bausch + Lomb policies and procedures.
- Effective management and utilization of expense budgets as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience in hospital and medical sales.
- Experience in RFP tendering sales process.
- Post- secondary education, BSc preferred.
- Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written (English and French)
- Ability to travel extensively within the geographical territory and sometimes throughout Canada for meetings/conferences.
- Valid driver’s licence and insurability.
- Ophthalmic, Refractive, Operating Room experience are strongly preferred.
The masculine is used in this publication without prejudice for the sake of conciseness.
Bausch & Lomb is committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with equal employment opportunity laws in effect wherever it operates.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.