ORIGINAL JOE'S RESTAURANT & BAR
At Original Joe's, we’re the bar next door everyone wishes they had. A warm, down-to-earth place where old friends gather, new friends are made, and everyone feels welcome. From the wide selection of local, craft, and import beers to our fresh take on comfort foods, nobody leaves unsatisfied. So pull up a stool and stay awhile – you’ll like hanging out with us!
Our family of companies includes Elephant & Castle Pub and Restaurant, State & Main Kitchen + Bar, Blanco Cantina and Anejo Restaurant. We never stop looking for unique individuals who can infuse our restaurant and corporate workplaces with original ideas, creative solutions and an extraordinary guest experience. We offer competitive wages, a comfortable work environment, flexible hours, benefit packages (for those who qualify) and a chance to grow right alongside us. By joining Original Joe’s your future career opportunities are endless!
What You’ll Do:
You will report to the FOH Manager (although this may vary from time to time depending who is on shift). You will:
- Build beverages to spec to ensure that guests receive a remarkably consistent beverage experience.
- Genuinely connect and communicate with every guest at the bar and every guest that you interact with (even if they aren’t at a bar seat).
- Ensure the cooler and back-bar is stocked and garnishes are prepped.
- Ensure beer dispensing equipment is in optimal condition.
- Evening bartenders may be involved in closing duties including: server cash reports, running closing reports, cash handling, breaking down the bar.
- Take the time to effectively learn and memorize new menu items and procedures.
- Effectively finesse the menu and communicate your vast knowledge and expertise about food and bar menus with ease.
- Proactively assist all front of house employees with table maintenance, running food, assisting to take Continuously ensure that every guest leaves satisfied and happy with their experience. In the event of a concern or conflict, you will immediately involve a Manager to positively resolve the situation.
- Be knowledgeable regarding allergy policies and procedures to ensure that guests are not at risk of an allergic reaction.
- Work each shift with a safety mindset. Be proactive in regards front of the house and back of the house safety (food safety, potential hazards for employees or guests).
- Live our core value: Taking Care of People.
Who You Are:
- You are a genuine, charming, vibrant and team-oriented individual.
- You might have a minimum of 1 year front of house restaurant experience. We will consider the right person, with the right attitude who can back-up their abilities through previous work, or involvement in teams (school, work or sports).
- You pride yourself on your customer service skills, your ability to make people feel at home, your reliability and your ability to ‘keep upbeat’ even during the busiest shifts.
- You are solution focused and resourceful – you think on your feet effectively to find resolutions to situations.
- You are able to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks without skipping a beat.
- You can easily and quickly become a part of a team and you are a great communicator.
- You might have future aspirations to be employed as Store Management or in our Corporate team.
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time