The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a leadership role within a multidisciplinary and inter-professional team. The Nurse Practitioner works in collaboration and consultation with the Paediatrician, nurses and other members of the health care team to respond to the needs of the Paediatrics department. This role will include medical assessment, treatment and evaluation, education and health promotion, disease and injury prevention, acute medical treatment, and the ability to make connections to the next level of care or follow up as required. The NP will need advanced knowledge and decision-making skills to provide a comprehensive health focused approach in meeting the needs of patients. The Nurse Practitioner works in partnership with all relevant stakeholders, excelling in all four domains of their practice: clinical care, leadership, education and research.
The NP will engage in direct and in-direct advanced clinical practice, education, research and consultation within the Paediatrics department to ensure the highest quality of care is provided to patients and families.
The NP will actively participate as part of the Paediatrics department, as well as the professional leadership team, in promoting quality care by implementing evidence based practices, evaluating patient outcomes, development and evaluation of policies, clinical programs and services.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Successful completion of a Master’s in Nursing/Nurse Practitioner Paediatrics (preferred) OR Primary Health Care (PHC) from a program recognized from a school of graduate studies
· PALS/NRP required within 3 months of starting
· Minimum 3 years’ experience as advanced practice nurse in Paediatrics
· Minimum 3 years’ relevant clinical specialty-related experience as a Registered Nurse
· Experience working in both inpatient and outpatient settings
· Registered Nurse in the extended class with Ontario Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
· Current Member of the RNAO
· Nurse Practitioner’s Association of Ontario
Skills & Abilities:
· Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative practice model with inter-professional teams
· Demonstrated ability to use initiative and work autonomously utilizing critical thinking skills and advanced decision making, problem solving skills
· Experience in clinical nursing and inter-professional leadership and education
· Experience with program development, quality improvement initiatives and program evaluation
· Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal
· Demonstrated problem assessment skills
· Demonstrated commitment to customer service and teamwork
· Demonstrated individual leadership skills
Health & Safety Workplace Responsibilities:
It is the responsibility of all Southlake Regional Health Centre employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace. Employees must adhere to the duties of workers, as stipulated in Section 28 of the OH&S Act, as well as all Southlake OH&S policies and procedures. Must be able to perform all necessary bona fide duties for the position, as outlined in the position guide. Must review and be capable of performing duties the Job Demands Analysis for the position as a condition of offer. Proven ability to attend work regularly as per the Attendance Support Policy.
Accommodation & Diversity in the Workplace
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person