Come GROW with us! 4 NEW!! opportunities are available for OTR TIRE TECHNICIANS to join our teams in the Alberta Oil Sands in Fort McMurray (Wood Buffalo) Region. These positions are fly-in/fly-out and will be provided camp.
Rates for this position range from $44.34 - $47.51/hour! The regular scheduled rotation of 168 hours allows for 80 hours of regular + 88 hours of overtime.
Compensation is BASE RATE +
+ 6.5% of gross earnings for hours worked
+ Commuter Supports ($1,000/month**) for eligible individuals traveling to hub locations (Calgary or Edmonton) for chartered flights to the region
+ Compensation Package Extras: Matching RRSP program, vacation pay, sick time benefits, group benefits (life, critical illness & disability insurance, extended health, dental, vision), allowances (location & boot), bonus structure, accommodations, and transportation to and from site
If you are an enthusiastic team player, are excited to work in a safety-sensitive, fast-paced environment, then Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals is the place for you! In pursuing a position with us, you are opening the door to a fulfilling career with a dynamic company that continues to grow and develop. We know that great people are the key to the success of our business!
Off-the-Road (OTR) Tire Technicians are an integral part of our operations. They perform tire and tire-related services at our various locations in the field. OTR Technicians will be responsible to organize the workspace, the vehicles, appropriate tooling and equipment for optimum job efficiency and safety. They will also be motivated, committed and look forward to providing consistent, safe, and efficient services, being masters of their profession.
- 12 Hour Shifts
- 14 on and 14 off rotation
- Be physically capable of doing the job (stand/crouch for extended periods, lift more than 50 pounds)
As a OTR Tire Technician YOU will:
- Display required safety behaviors as outlined and expected to adhere to and comply with all safety and environmental policies and initiatives
- Complete tire changes and/or repairs on OTR equipment, passenger vehicles, light trucks, etc.
- Perform pressure checks using appropriate equipment and specifications
- Remove wheel assemblies, dismounting, balancing, inflating, and installing repaired or replacement tires and wheel assemblies
- Regular and preventative maintenance of tire service equipment
- Maintain documentation and records as required and requested
- Inspect and document damage and defects
- Operate and maintain tools, equipment, and work areas in accordance with company policies
- Monitor and check work or information/plans and organizes time and resources efficiently
What we need from YOU:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ of OTR experience is preferred
- Experience removing, installing, changing over tire/wheel assemblies on ultra class trucks (797s)
- Experience with Heavy Equipment/Mining and/or construction industry
- Experience with dozers, haul trucks and excavators of all major brands such as CAT, John Deere, Hitachi, and Komatsu a definite asset
- Someone who participates in and promotes a strong safety culture
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong ethics and compliance to rules and regulations
- Team player who shows initiative and is a continual learner
- Someone who takes pride in their work
- Consistent ability to lift 50 pounds without assistance, stand and crouch for extended periods
- Has a collaborative communication style at all levels of the organization demonstrating an open, honest, and consistent approach to working with others
- Must be able to complete a Respirator Fit test and don a mask at any time while at work, which also means compliance with facial hair requirements to ensure a complete seal for the mask
As part of our Hiring Process, YOU will be asked to:
Please Note: Employment is conditional upon successfully meeting ALL hiring requirements.
- Provide a Class 3 Driver's License with Air Brakes (preferred - may accept advanced Class 5) and clean Driver's Abstract
- Provide a criminal record check
- Complete drug and alcohol screening with a negative result
- Complete a fitness evaluation related specifically to your position
- Provide copies of current certifications (if you do not have any of the training required to be on site, we will provide it for you) including: CSO, TIA
Helping you Move the Earth!
Celebrating more than 20 years in business, Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals is North America's largest heavy equipment rental company that supplies, repairs, and maintains products and rental services to all four earth-moving industry sectors:
- Mining equipment
- Construction equipment
- Pipeline equipment
- Forestry equipment
As a leader in the industry, we are very excited that we have opportunity and growth in supporting our clientele in their Heavy Equipment needs!
When you join the Heavy Metal Team, you are also joining the Heavy Metal family. People are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of everyone in the workplace.
Our Commitment to YOU:
- Competitive wages & benefits (including RRSPs & Bonus Structures)
- Positive team environment
- Tooling, equipment and supplies necessary to complete your duties
- A work environment dedicated to your safety
- Training specific to the position and expectations
If you want to be part of a workplace that empowers you to achieve and succeed, we encourage you to forward your resume and cover letter by fax to 780-672-8599 or by email indicating Tire Technician in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in this position; however only those selected will be contacted for further pre-employment screening and interviews.
Employment is conditional on negative pre-employment drug and alcohol screening result and the ability to meet the physical demands of this position. This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $44.34-$47.51 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: On the road