CLASSIFICATION: ENGINE OPERATOR – Casual
POSITION SCOPE: Responsible to the Chief Power Engineer/Chief Boiler Operator for organizing, directing and carrying out safe and efficient maintenance and repair programs related to the heating, air-conditioning, power and water generation units as well as the facility. The Engine Operator will exhibit sound professional judgment and initiative while working within the framework of the objectives of the service and the organization as a whole.
- Maintains and promotes health and safety standards and procedures according to KRRC guidelines and client care standards.
- Must hold in confidence all matters pertaining to clients, staff and the KRRC.
- Communicates pertinent information, such as department activities, needs, and problems to the Chief Power Engineer/Chief Boiler Operator to maintain the continuity of the plant systems and planning.
- Promotes and maintains good working relationships and communications within the facilities, with KRRC personnel, with clients and with community organizations.
- Provides continuous heating and cooling-system operation for the climactic comfort of staff and clients by performing duties including, but not limited to:
- operating and maintaining the heating plant.
- operating and maintaining auxiliary power generator.
- operating air-conditioning equipment.
- Contributes to the effective operation of a preventative-maintenance program of the building and its systems by performing duties including, but not limited to:
- monitoring all aspects of equipment operation.
- conducting scheduled maintenance as per the preventative-maintenance program.
- maintaining records of plant-equipment operation and maintenance.
- maintaining a sufficient stock of materials required and keeping records of usage.
- repairing equipment as required.
- Contributes to the security and safety of the facility for clients, staff, and the public by performing duties including, but not limited to:
- ensuring required doors are locked and opened at scheduled times.
- monitoring the building and grounds for possible fire and safety hazards.
operating and maintaining snow removal equipment to provide safe access and exit to buildings.
- maintaining the grounds.
- Participates in the direct management of the service by performing duties including, but not limited to:
- orienting and instructing other maintenance personnel.
- requisitioning supplies and equipment for use in the program.
- keeping adequate records and preparing and submitting reports as required.
- taking emergency calls.
- Provides general maintenance and repair to service equipment and structure.
- Participates in a team approach by assisting other maintenance staff as required and by attending meetings and in-service and other training programs.
- Complies with the Quality Management Program by keeping up-to-date on developments in Plant Services and in the maintenance field and by participating in the continual development of the program and its personnel.
- Assists in providing on-site services to facilities within the organizational structure of the KRRC, when required.
- Promotes the mission of quality care by performing any other related tasks and duties that may be assigned or required, in order to maintain proficient work-flows.
- 4th Class Power Engineers Certificate and a high school diploma.
- Three (3) years’ experience in maintenance and plant operation.
KRRC values Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: From $25.46 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-21