At United we are a team of engineers, builders, planners and thinkers that design and build today’s infrastructure, for tomorrow. We come to work every day committed to drive growth and deliver projects that matter for our clients, ourselves, and our communities. Through our work in the nuclear, conventional generation, renewable and power delivery markets, we create resilient infrastructure to last generations.
****** PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A MATERNITY LEAVE COVERAGE STARTING JANUARY 2024 UNTIL SEPTEMBER 2025******
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Shoreline Power Group is a fully integrated Joint Venture of Aecon, United and SNC-Lavalin located in Kincardine, Ontario. Shoreline Power Group is the centerpiece of the Major Component Replacement (MCR) program which replaces the main components of 6 reactors at the Bruce Power Nuclear Generating Station. The scope of work includes the removal and replacement of calandria tubes, pressure tubes, and feeders as well as construction management and trade labor. This project is part of Bruce Power’s Life Extension Program, which will allow Bruce Power’s CANDU units to continue to operate safely through to 2064.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Onboarding Trainer reports to the Onboarding Manager and is responsible for supporting the development, delivery, evaluation, and on-going management of the training programs common to Bruce Power projects. The individual works with project teams to identify training needs, plan, coordinate and deliver the established core training programs as required by the EHS Management System, onboarding and training department, project, client, and legislative requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Responsible for training project employees on a variety of Environmental Health and Safety related programs such as, Work at Heights, Hoisting and Rigging, Confined Space Entry, First Aid, Elevating Work Platform, Forklift Operation, Human Performance, Supervisor, Plastic Suit etc. This training will include all relevant tracking and documentation required for each program
- Provide timely feedback to management and supervisors regarding employee competency as it relates to the training programs provided
- Participate in training team meetings and training-related projects
- Promote a nuclear safety culture that supports continuous improvement in the EHS management system through active communication, participation, and development of skills
- Support Human Performance program activities and act as an advocate for Human Performance
- Technical resource for jurisdictional Occupational Health & Safety Acts, Regulations, and applicable standards
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
Relevant Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience
- A working knowledge of Provincial OHS Legislation including construction and industrial regulations
- Demonstrated experience using adult education practices and principles (e.g., ADDIE, adult learning theory)
- Experience in the Nuclear industry and with Human Performance programs considered an asset.
- Train the Trainer Qualifications in programs such as Work at Heights, Confined Space Entry. WHMIS, First Aid, etc., considered an asset
- A designation such as NCSO would be considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Health and Safety and training/facilitating within the construction industry is considered an asset
- Proficient in the use of MS Office to develop, adjust and manage training programs and develop reports or presentations as required
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and positively influence behaviors
- A team player that accepts and can manage change regularly
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage change
Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education, and other pertinent information. Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred.
United offers a benefit rich offering to our employees. United provides access to Extended Heath Care, Vision Coverage, Dental Coverage, Health Spending Accounts, Critical Illness Coverage, Life and AD&D Coverage and Disability Coverage for Short and Long Term Disability. United supports life balance by offering a competitive PTO program in addition to paid holidays. We enjoy a great wellness program with regular incentives.