Operations Technical Analyst
At Raymond James, we develop, we collaborate, we decide, we deliver, and we improve together.
Raymond James Ltd. is Canada’s leading independent investment dealers offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
Operations Technical Analyst
How does the role impact the organization?
As part of the Operations Innovation & Insights team, this role will require work with all functional areas of the Operations department to evaluate and implement process improvements, automation and provide business insights using data analytics and dashboards plus assist with financials. The Analyst will formulate and implement technical solutions to strategic and business objectives utilizing internally approved applications. The Analyst will be working daily with our data warehouse and book of record (Dataphile), whether it is to create automation via access to data, scripting, macros or RPA or to provide business insights through Powerbi dashboards. The role requires documentation be created for all process changes and dashboards created.
The Technical Analyst will also be responsible for providing back-up support to our Operations business analysts and will be responsible for key performance measures data synthesis may be involved in our robotic process automation projects. The Analyst will also play a role in our yearly budget process, reviewing and analyzing variances to actuals throughout the year.
What will your role be responsible for?
- Pull information from the data warehouse and corporate database using SQL queries and build PowerBI dashboards / business insights which automatically refresh;
- Develop technical solutions utilizing Microsoft suite and approved IT tools to create process improvements and automation in Operations following lean methodology, potentially in tandem with robotic process automation
- Utilize technical knowledge, analytical skills and creative thinking to make recommendations for technology solutions to efficiency issues (ie utilize data from the warehouse in processes, write macros/key board macros/scripts, update/adjust existing scripts, create automation)
- Translate data into valuable insights which are actionable and lead to business decisions, reduced costs and improved operational efficiencies;
- Create and maintain documentation supporting process improvements implemented and dashboards deployed;
- Write business requirements for projects as well as technical documentation;
- Ability to write use-cases for potential improvements and successfully implement the solution;
- Prepare the monthly trade analysis and key performance measures tracker and make recommendations on how to improve these;
- Participate in the yearly data processing budget and update, analyze and perform variance analysis on actuals;
- Back-up/provide coverage for operations business analyst functions as required;
- Interests in discovering the potential to use technology and innovation within Operations
What can you expect from us?
Our most important investment is in people. Upon eligibility, Raymond James Ltd offers flexible workstyles, a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits range from Health Benefits, RRSP Matching Program, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, Volunteer Days, Discretionary Bonuses, Tuition Reimbursement and many more! We also support internal promotion and community involvement.
What do we expect from you?
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- Keen interest in applying technology for innovation of processes and providing business insights;
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is required (ie. Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Data Sciences etc);
- Excellent SQL, PowerBI/PowerBI server, DAX, VBA/macro, and ETL skills
- Great data analysis skills including building complex queries and dashboards;
- Demonstrated capabilities and experience with data cleansing, modeling and analytics;
- Accounting knowledge to create budgets, variance analysis, and for monthly trade reporting;
- Proficiency in business analysis and process concepts (i.e. writing requirements, work flow diagrams/ process mapping techniques, documentation of processes) and lean methodology;
- Subject matter expertise in the Operations function of a financial services organization is an asset; and
- Dataphile and Sharepoint experience is an asset but not required.
We encourage our associates at all levels to:
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James – we honor, value, respect the uniqueness, experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities thrive, it is part of our people-first culture. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.
Here at Raymond James we demonstrate our commitment to ensuring equal opportunities for all candidates. To request accommodations, candidates are instructed to contact Human Resources via email at [email protected]. By reaching out to this email address, candidates can communicate their specific requirements and discuss the necessary accommodations they may need to participate fully in the recruitment process.
Primary Location CA-BC-Vancouver-Vancouver
Status Permanent Full-Time