Article Flag: Mandatory Vaccination Please Note:
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
Reporting to the Regional Manager Coding & Information Systems and the Advance Meditech Expanse HIM Functional Team Lead, the Business Analyst supports the Advance Meditech Systems Application Support team to ensure their project deliverables are completed on time and consistent with the parameters of the project plan. The Business Analyst liaises with operations and technical teams to understand structures, policies, workflows and the business. Provides project management support and coordinates key project deliverables related to the operational workflows and systems including the development, maintenance and rolling out of new systems and enhancements. Creates workable solutions to address business problems. Supports testing; the development of training and implementation materials; and process definition and design. Establishes and maintains processes, policies, procedures and project control documentation. Monitors and evaluates process efficiency. Interacts with user groups and partners at all levels to gather and provide feedback and prepares reports and materials in support of project activities.
This is a Temporary Full Time position until June 2025.
Qualifications / Skills and Education:
Bachelor’s degree in the area of Health Information Science, Business Administration or equivalent plus a minimum three (3) years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques, principles and practices with superior analytical skills for data, documentation and workflows, including the ability to comprehend, analyze and resolve complex issues and present information in concise, meaningful ways.
- Highly competent in using Microsoft office suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Understanding of systems analysis and design, related tools and techniques (e.g. data flow diagrams, etc.), and continuous quality improvement.
- Knowledge of hospital operations and health care administration requirements.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including strong business writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate technical and business information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to analyze operational problems and identify innovative solutions.
- Ability to work effectively with people from various disciplines with varying degrees of functional and technical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effective relationships with vendors and external organizations.
- Effective interpersonal and facilitation skills including the ability to work effectively with diverse user community.
- Ability to coordinate and lead work groups.
- Resourceful; well-organized; systematic analysis; strategic thinking; critical thinking; attention to detail; leadership and management skills
- Ability to effectively utilize related hardware and software
- Physical ability to do the job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Collects and translates business requirements into functional specifications and assists with detailed test plans and testing. Assists with preparing documentation such as Business Requirements, Business Rules, User interface specifications, workflow diagrams, etc.
2.Communicates the business directives, goals and needs to the project and technical team and serves as an interface between operations department and technical team in order to assist the technical team in translating business requirements into application functionality / architecture and the production of a system functionality document.
3.Compiles and analyzes various information sources such as system and user data, stakeholder feedback, regulatory and policy requirements and industry best practices. Provides recommendations to Leadership team on standardizing workflow and processes for the LM Health Information Management.
4.Consults with and serves as an interface with integrated systems to ensure product awareness is thoroughly understood and to identify existing gaps between product functionality and client business need based on use case definition and analysis.
5.Builds effective relationships within the Advance Program, Health Informatics and Information Technology (HIIT), and other key resources to successfully assist with management of the Meditech systems.
6.Performs post-implementation and quality improvement reviews related to new application software and/or enhancements.
7.Document workflows and results of process analysis and obtains sign-off or signs off where appropriate.
8.Responsibility for set up and facilitation of internal working groups, prepares reports, presentations, and notices to inform stakeholders and/or for internal documentation purposes on changes in departmental policies, procedures, and standards, status of projects, or other information needs.
9.Performs other related duties as required.