As a privately-owned MillerKnoll Certified Dealer and commercial flooring provider, we prioritize people, productivity, and value to create more than a place to work— we create a space to succeed.
We're proud of our half-century legacy as a company. Our people have brought us to where we are. COI is and has been honoured to have a passionate team that's committed to creating great spaces for you to be your best in.
This role – Project Coordinator – is responsible for maintaining the backend projects to ensure successful implementation of installations. This role serves as a primary interface between the salesperson and the client and is required to maintain knowledge of all aspects of the process within the project from the initial sale, through the installation and follow up phase of the project.
The Project Coordinator is ultimately accountable for ensuring that the backend of the project is completed according to contractual obligations as outlined in the customer’s service level agreement (SLA) documents, and at the same time, provide superior customer service while developing and maintaining successful client relationships for repeat business.
Project Coordinator is responsible for general office support. This role facilitates and documents requests as they happen through the life cycle of the order. This is a support role that assists the Sales Team with updating orders in operating system and works closely with procurement, sales and Accounting to resolve any issues with invoices or vendor orders.
We believe in the power of diversity and the power of teamwork. We need both collaboration and individual responsibility to organize effectively around our customer's problems.
The role requires someone who is self-motivated, customer focused, possesses strong organizational skills, and is detail oriented. They will also be responsible for the following:
· Coordination of projects requiring a Project Coordinator as assigned by the Manager. As workload permits, responsibilities for commercial projects and/or healthcare projects may be required.
· Monitors the performance of the project team and approach, to assure that processes and procedures are followed and quality standards are being met.
· Considers risk management by monitoring client issues and technical issues in a timely manner to minimize liability and acts to resolve. Proactive thinking and action is encouraged
· Work closely with project team in the pre-planning and analysis phase including design development and application phase of the project.
· Reviews project site(if applicable), product specifications, shop drawings(as required) and/or installation drawings to ensure comprehensive familiarity with details of the project.
· Ensure awareness of the project requirements of converging product and labor are coordinated and communicated across project teams.
· Works collaboratively within project team and being the quarterback to ensure each team member knows the status of the upcoming, ongoing and completed projects
· Prepare and complete all documentation required for Pre and Post Installation.
· Schedule and implement deficiency walk-through according to COI’s quality standards and procedures, as required
· Ensure deficiencies are addressed and resolved in a timely manner. Ensure proper paperwork has been issued so extra charges, payments etc. can be processed accurately and quickly.
· Upon project completion, obtain formal customer sign offs in compliance with any contractual obligations as well as in alignment with COI’s project close-out procedures, including revenue recognition.
· Follow-up with customer to ensure that all aspects of the job are completed to the satisfaction and expectations of the client.
· Ensure project files are complete and submit all paperwork in a timely manner and/or in accordance with customer contract requirements in preparation for invoicing by Finance.
· Ensure any post-project management is done to satisfaction of the customer, as required.
· Responsible for the clear and timely communication of information to the project team, including regularly interfacing with Sales, to ensure compliance with the customer’s outlined project goals and outcomes.
· Establishes, maintains, and formally documents regular project related meetings including client, internal team, vendors, contractor’s, and consultant’s meetings.
· Manages and maintains detailed project documentation and accurate record keeping, including contract adherence, signoffs and approvals, key project decisions, customer requests, revisions, additions, etc.
· Entering and checking of orders to ensure they are correct in Operating system. Includes sending new orders to Buyers/Purchase to be open and ordered
· Adding and updating lines for orders in Operating System in coordination with Sales team.
· Preparing work orders for projects.
· Think, and act in COI’s best interest, and actively promote our core values.
We are looking for somebody with the following:
· Strong customer service orientation with a focus toward a Customer First attitude and behaviours
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including conflict resolution, to effectively work with all levels of staff, customers and vendors in a professional and tactful manner
· Knowledge of the flooring products and process within a dealership environment is an asset
· Ability to read and interpret architectural plans, specifications, and elevations preferred
· Strong organizational skills, planning and time management skills to work in a fast-paced environment
· Analytical and problem-solving skills to anticipate potential issues and/or requirements', determines an appropriate action and implements it to ensure success
· Demonstrated ability to use initiative, work efficiently and independently under pressure to meet stringent deadlines while maintaining composure and consideration for employees, customers, and vendors
· Demonstrated familiarity with project administration, and ability to plan logistically for all phases of project life cycles, and effectively follow-up/though on tasks
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We offer competitive health benefits, wellness and healthcare spending accounts, and a holiday package that includes the week between Christmas and New Year’s off. You’ll also be getting in as we grow, so growth opportunities abound if you exhibit the knowledge, expertise, and passion to develop within the organization.
This is a full-time permanent position, working out of our impeccably designed and furnished office. You’ll mostly work from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, with irregular or extended hours as projects demand.
Please apply directly by applying to this posting. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person