Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineering Technologist looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and your career in a great working environment?
If you are a natural problem solver and facilitator of change passionate about staying competent with new technologies and industry's best practices, we have the perfect job for you!
Pentagon is a manufacturer of made-to-order rolling security shutters and other related products. We are looking for an experienced person to join our team an take on full responsibility for our technical product requirements and system improvements, while working with production team to implement and improve processes. You will have a unique opportunity to drive meaningful change in a family-run business environment and join our awesome team in keeping Pentagon’s product offering at the forefront of our dealers minds.
- Acts as technical consultant and expert on all aspects of our products.
- Responsible for BOM and system changes as required for custom orders of existing product lines.
- Reviewing of designs, drawings, requisitions that are required for custom door projects
- Work with IT team to implement changes in dynamic BOM-building software as new product changes are released.
- Assist in preparing design, drawings and specifications
- Assist in the design of tools, dies, jigs and fixtures
- Carry out a limited range of mechanical tests and analyses of machines, components and materials
- Participate in machinery installation, repair and maintenance
- Computer-aided design (CAD)
- Design tools, jigs and fixtures
- Estimate costs and materials
- Prepare and interpret engineering design, drawings and specifications
- Prepare contracts and tenders
- Prepare standards and schedules
- Supervise maintenance programs
- Supervise, monitor and inspect manufacturing facility equipment
- Technical writing
- Test machines and equipment
Requirements and qualifications
- Experience in manufacturing or engineering environments
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks / projects in different phases
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through written documentation and verbal means
- Experienced user of office applications including MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel or the equivalent
- Experience with ERP and Manufacturing software
- Ability to effectively partner with team member and customers to resolve product issues
- Works with minimal direction, comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Hands on experience with CAD software
- Problem solver
- Great analytical skills
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
Work Location: In person