Celebrating it's 61st year, Rivercity Inclusion Society is a locally founded non-profit, charitable organization whose purpose is to advocate for services and/or provide services for people with special needs, and their families, who live in the Campbell River area.
We do this through our core values of Respect – Belonging – Fairness – Inclusion.
We have an exciting opportunity to work as part of the organizations management team, the payroll and benefits administrator is responsible for all aspects of payroll and benefits, including payment of wages and salaries and administering the benefits and pensions plans. The successful candidate will be an expert and the society’s point of contact for all aspects of pay and benefits management.
This position is exempt from union membership and is NOT available to work remotely.
Working closely with the Financial Controller, Accounts Payable, Human Resources and Executive Director this post requires the following qualifications, or an equivalent combination of training and experience:
- Degree in Business or Accounting.
- Specific payroll training/ qualifications are advantageous.
- 3 – 5 years prior payroll experience.
- Large scale payroll experience (ie 150 employees+).
- Expert knowledge and application of payroll processes and procedures, as well as an understanding of General Ledger information.
- Knowledge of ComVida software is an asset, but not required.
- Previous work in similar organization beneficial but not essential.
- High competence in use of Excel.
The successful candidate should be:
- Able to demonstrate strong oral and written communication and leadership skills;
- Detail focused;
- Confident with numbers;
- Able to organize workloads easily and independently;
- Professional in their approach;
- Able to work with minimal supervision and make sound decisions;
- Confidential and sensitive to situations and information;
- Flexible in their approach, work hours and finding solutions;
- Ready to participate as a member of the organizations management team;
- Able to demonstrate the qualities and attributes under the four pillars of Respect-Belonging-Fairness-Inclusion.
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Extended Health and Dental benefits
- Paid vacation, sick days, and statutory holidays
- Working Monday-Friday in a friendly and relaxed setting
- Own office on-site
- Working for an organization that makes a difference in the community
- Training and development opportunities
- And much more
Please send your resume to Vicky Reddish, HR Director at [email protected] or visit our website at: https://rivercityinclusion.ca/careers-rivercity-inclusion for more information about the organization.
It is a requirement under the Public Health Order that our staff have received two Covid-19 vaccinations, or are able to provide a ratified exemption.
Initial interviews will take place between 14 - 23 June.
Campbell River, or Wiweka̱̓m, is a scenic city in British Columbia on the east coast of Vancouver Island at the south end of Discovery Passage, which lies along the 50th parallel north along the important Inside Passage shipping route. Steeped in history, First Nations on the coast have known of the excellent salmon runs on the Campbell River for centuries. This area has been famous for its fishing, and people have come from far and wide to enjoy it (and hunting) here. Campbell River is renowned worldwide for spectacular snow-capped mountains, immense fjords and incredible out- door activity opportunities on land, water, and air.
Campbell River has its own airport which is less than 10km away and services Vancouver and other short distance internal flights. Sea Planes also service Campbell River to island locations (including Nanaimo and Victoria) as well as Vancouver. There is also a ferry service to neighbouring inhabited scenic Discovery Islands.
A city for people of all ages and interests, Campbell River is small in size yet large in character with something for everyone, including parks, recreation, and culture.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Campbell River, BC V9W 3C5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Have payroll experience of at least 150+ employees?
- payroll administration: 3 years (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-06-11