If you’re an expert at motor control, VFDs and electrical systems;
If you love to communicate and see customers succeed; and
If you want to have an impact on bringing a disruptive product to market.
Then, you should contact us right away. (Or read-on to get details of who we’re looking for.)
What is this about?
SmartD Technologies is disrupting the century-old industry of electrical motor control with the introduction of its Silicon Carbide-based variable frequency drive (VFD). The SmartD Clean Power VFD brings more efficiency, extended motor life-time and simplified engineering to this market.
As we increase our market presence and build up our team, we are seeking a talented individual who shares our vision of delighting customers and saving energy while doing so.
You should be an expert in:
- Motor control, specifically VFDs and related equipment;
- Verbal and written communication in English (French an asset) with internal and external stakeholders;
- And if you are familiar with electronic testing and troubleshooting, all the better.
And this is what we’d expect of you:
- Participate in product prototyping: soldering, assembly and debug of electronic systems;
- Test and validate the overall systems;
- Design & develop test plan strategy and implement electronic test interfaces;
- Elaborate test documentation & debug procedures;
- Help customers design custom products or machinery that integrate the SmartD Clean Power VFD;
- Provide technical training to customers and stakeholders;
- Work closely with engineering and supply chain to address any issues related to customer projects;
- Promptly respond to customer enquiries;
- Work collaboratively with other departments to bring pre and post sales solutions to customers;
- Work with other staff members to ensure full customer satisfaction;
- Participate in trade shows and other and other business promotion activities.
You will be part of an experienced start-up team where:
- Your voice will be heard and you will feel the impact of your work;
- You won’t lose time in endless meetings or presentations;
- You will work hard and have fun doing it.
Our offices are located in downtown Montreal, near Georges-Vanier, Lucien-L'allier and Bonaventure Station.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$105,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC H3J 1S9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- System testing: 2 years (preferred)
- Electronics Testing: 2 years (preferred)
- Industrial Control: 3 years (preferred)
- Variable Frequency Drives: 2 years (preferred)
- English (preferred)
- French (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Montréal, QC H3J 1S9