Requisition ID: 338588
Position Number: 20047732
Posting End Date: 06/15/2023
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: Winnipeg Community
Department / Unit: Midwifery
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 06/22/2023 - 06/21/2024
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Nights;Weekends;On Call
Daily Hours Worked: 8.00
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Salary: $44.279, $46.500, $48.722, $50.943, $53.164
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
The main function of the midwife is to be the primary care provider to women during the childbearing year within a multidisciplinary team. All midwifery services provided are delivered in accordance with the Midwifery Model of Practice and the Standards of the College of Midwives of Manitoba. Throughout all main functions, the WRHA midwife maintains communication and positive working relationships with community and hospital staff, public health and emergency medical services. She/he works cooperatively within a practice group of midwives to provide equitable on-call coverage. The midwife involves her/himself in professional activities to enhance competency and midwifery services.
- Recent midwifery practice experience must meet the College of Midwives of Manitoba’s Standards for Currency of Practice Required for Initial/Maintaining Registration as a Practicing Midwife.
- Experience working with multicultural and disadvantaged populations is preferred.
- Graduate of an educational program approved by the College of Midwives of Manitoba.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and neonatal resuscitation certification (NRP) with intubation required.
- Eligible for Registration with the College of Midwives of Manitoba as a practicing midwife, supervised candidate or exam candidate.
- Possession of a valid Manitoba Class 5 driver’s license.
- Each midwife must be eligible for liability insurance coverage purchased by the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA).
- Ability to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team is required.
- Must be physically capable of performing duties related to the position under varying weather and environmental conditions. This position requires significant lifting and carrying of a variety of clinical and birth equipment as well as the ability to climb stairs with this equipment (i.e. in buildings without elevators).
Owns or has access to a dependable vehicle that is available for use at all times.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.