Don’t have public company experience but still looking for some valuable exposure to pubco clients? We have Assistant Controller openings that would be a great fit for those coming from a private enterprise assurance group. Whether you want to eventually gain more public company financial reporting experience, or are looking to become a Controller in industry one day, this role is for you!
As Assistant Controller, responsibilities will include preparation of various working papers, oversight and review of full cycle accounting, and various other ad hoc projects unique to our respective clients. You will have ownership over specific client files, from a variety of industries including e-commerce, retail, manufacturing, cannabis, mining and biotechnology.
At Treewalk, we offer significant flexibility (feel free to come into the office or work from home!) and a competitive benefits plan. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who loves working independently, has a strong desire to learn new things, and wants to grow professionally without necessarily working 60+ hours a week.
Our ideal candidate...
It’s Treewalk For a Reason
- Designated Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Assurance experience at a public accounting firm
- Relationship builder - maintains professional relationships with clients and team members alike with open and effective communication
- Take pride in making sure everything is correct; account balances that do not reconcile make you crazy. You find joy in solving that unsolvable problem;
- Are obsessively well organized;
- Are dedicated to the team and like to maintain a relaxed environment;
- Work well under the pressure of deadlines;
- Have an interest in a variety of work and being kept on your toes;
- Are technologically strong
- Have the ability to multitask and manage many different things at once;
- Love to make things better and challenge the status quo
- Are extremely detail-oriented and meticulous, even to the point where some might find it annoying;
Who We Are
- We will cover your CPA schooling, annual dues, and professional development courses. Better yet, we do not have a claw-back policy - if you decide to leave Treewalk at any point, we will never ask for that money back.
- We’re flexible – we treat our team members like professionals and give them autonomy to exercise their judgment and manage their schedules as they see fit. Get that workout in, run those errands – we trust you to manage your workload and meet those deadlines.
- We keep it fun! We encourage social activities outside of work, have company initiatives to keep you engaged with your peers, and have great technological tools to keep you connected.
- We’ve got you covered from Day 1 - your extended healthcare and maternity leave benefits kick in on your first day of work!
Treewalk (previously known as ACM Management) is an advisory practice based out of downtown Vancouver specializing in financial reporting and corporate services for public companies. We offer clients a complete service package to assist them in timely and accurate disclosures. Our clients are from all industry sectors and are issuers on the TSX-V, CSE, NASDAQ, and the OTC.
We are one of the fastest growing accounting firms in Canada, and we’ve got some big goals that are going to send us to the top. We are a firm with an anti-firm culture - think tech startup, but accounting. We’re ditching the traditional top-down management hierarchy approach and are leaning into a holacratic system of organizational governance. We are on a journey to become the go-to training place for accountants of all levels who want to work in industry. Our accounting practice specializes in assisting public companies with their financial reporting and accounting needs, and we help private companies navigate the waters of going and staying public. When it comes to clients, we are industry-agnostic. We never shy away from clients in new and emergent industries, and we’ve worked with companies in e-commerce, retail, manufacturing, cannabis, mining, and biotechnology, to name a few. We’ve got a lot on the go, and as far as we’re concerned, the only barrier to reaching our goals is finding exceptional talent to keep building out our team.
Our Core Values
At Treewalk, we pursue knowledge. We aspire to be the best at our craft, and we create and pursue opportunities to build on our expertise.
At Treewalk, you're never alone. Teamwork and collaboration are our bedrock, and constant support for each other and our clients is what sets us apart.
At Treewalk, we fight to take responsibility. We own our mistakes and our oversights, and are relentlessly committed to our responsibility to our colleagues and our clients.
At Treewalk, we don't settle. Kaizen is a business philosophy that means "change for the better", or "continuous improvement". We recognize that nothing is perfect, but we're striving for it anyway.
Annual Salary - $86,000