At BuildOps, we're building a groundbreaking software solution, purpose-built to support today's commercial contractors. From helping our customers to manage their service all the way to project management, we're breaking the mold and building a team that invests in our mission statement. We love driven, self-motivated folks experienced in tech start-ups and thrive in fast-paced environments. Could you be our next hire?
BuildOps is looking for an accountant to join our rapidly growing team. You will be directly reporting to the Accounting & Finance Manager. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who can work in a distributed team environment.
What you'll Do
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable processes including processing payments, sales orders, and vendor/customer outreach.
- Reconcile bank statements and credit card transactions, including obtaining receipts/gathering explanation for charges and ensuring all transactions are properly posted in ERP.
- Reconcile AP, AR, Prepaid Expenses, Fixed Assets, Other Current Assets, Accruals and other schedules during month-end close.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that financial data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Process and record employee expenses and reimbursement.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process.
- Assist with gathering supporting documentation for the 2023 Audit
- Ad-hoc projects as needed.
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting or related field.
- CPA & Big Four experience preferred.
- Experience in a SaaS or technology startup environment is a plus.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and accounting software.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
What we offer
- Competitive base salary + equity/stock options.
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible and hybrid work schedules
- Company events like BBQs and team-building activities, both in-person and virtual
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another (seriously, everyone is rooting for your success!)
BuildOps is a fast-paced, high-growth startup, committed to transforming a $30-billion industry through our all-in-one platform. Leveraging the latest technology, we're taking commercial contractors from the world of pen and paper operations to digitized, efficient, data-driven business.
Our co-founders have over a decade of experience in both construction and SaaS technology, as well as a resume that includes Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Cornell, Microsoft, and multiple successful startup exits, including a $1.2 billion acquisition.
BuildOps has raised multiple rounds of funding from some of the largest and most reputable Venture Capital firms, including Founders Fund, Fika Ventures, and Greenspring Associates.
"BuildOps is unique because it addresses the problem of efficiency in construction for an often-overlooked audience. Rather than focusing on large projects, or catering to owners, they look to the needs of technician-heavy subcontracting firms working in the commercial space."
"The new financing will be used to support the company's continued growth. BuildOps sells software that integrates scheduling, dispatching, inventory management, contracts, workflow and accounting into a single software package for commercial real estate contractors with staff ranging from a few dozen to several hundred employees."
In a statement, [former NFL superstar] Joe Montana noted that his firm (Liquid 2 Ventures) has an investment thesis in supporting America's working class… "I just love the idea of making their lives far easier and better," he said. With BuildOps, "you have one solution that does it all and talks seamlessly to every single part of their business from parts to ordering to inventory and more."