At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Customer Care Representative (Hybrid)
Manager, Group Customer Contact Centre
Group Contact Centre
Monday to Friday, 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST
October 30, 2023
We are currently working remotely, and we will be moving to a hybrid model when our office renovation is complete (approximately November 2023), coming into the office a minimum of 2 days per week, every other week on designated days.
At Equitable Life, our Customer Care Representatives are subject matter experts in all aspects of our Health and Dental products and can quickly answer questions and resolve different problems for our customers. We provide you with extensive training to ensure that you are equipped with the knowledge to assist and educate our clients with their varying needs, without having to sell them on a solution – that’s right, none of that dreaded upselling!
Here at Equitable Life, we ensure that some of your time is spent away from the phones. This time allows for side projects and other initiatives that can bring tremendous growth to our organization.
What you will be doing:
The Customer Care Representatives are our brand ambassador, providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers (our plan members, medical providers, and our regional sales and service offices). You’ll take ownership for effectively resolving health and dental related inquiries using a thorough knowledge of group benefits and by demonstrating your expertise and accountability. While most of the time is spent handling incoming telephone calls, you will also respond to email inquiries.
You will also have the opportunity to use your investigative skills to work with the Fraud Investigations team by referring suspicious claims and alerting the department to any potential fraud-related findings.
What you will bring:
What’s in it for you:
- Previous experience in a phone-based customer service role is required
- Previous experience in an insurance company, group benefits role, or a related medical field is preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills to manage relationships with internal and external clients
- Excellent listening skills to facilitate positive outcomes with inquiries and irate callers
- Ability to handle high stress levels in a fast-paced production environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A healthy work-life balance with employee wellness top of mind
- Annual bonus program, annual vacation allowance, and company-paid benefits program
- An additional paid volunteer day each year so you can spend time giving back to the community
- Immediate enrollment in the company’s pension program with employer matching
- Employee resource groups that support an inclusive work environment
- Tuition support and specialized program assistance
- A company subsidized cafeteria with a variety of daily options
- Discounts on company products and services, and access to exclusive employee perks
- Regular EQ Together events focused on company togetherness and collaboration
How do I apply?
1. Select Apply Now at the bottom of the page and apply to the role through our careersite.
2. Complete your PLUM profile here and complete the Plum Discovery Survey. (Please note that priority will be given to applicants who complete the survey)
As part of the recruitment/offer process you will be required to provide two professional references (minimum one supervisor and above).
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at [email protected]
if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.