Vidir Solutions Inc., Elevating Careers and Community
“We rise by lifting others” – Robert Ingersol
Working at Vidir is about more than just being an employee; we work hard and we genuinely care about others while we do it. We encourage continuous growth, diversity, and lifting others up. We live by the Code of Vidir HEROICS, our shared set of values and the way they shape our decisions and actions to turn every day into an epic opportunity to elevate to the next level. At Vidir, you’re part of the family and this is our family culture.
What makes a Vidir Hero? Someone who sets and achieves goals, sees creative solutions, keeps others safe, and uses their powers to elevate others. Our team at Vidir is made up of individuals who help others do what they do best. Whether that’s creating a perfect precision weld or designing the next dynamic solution in automated material handling, our team members know that what they are doing every day is helping someone else be successful as well. With world class automation products in every industry and in over 45 countries across the globe, Vidir offers you a chance to be innovative and to set and achieve high standards in your career as you advance at one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Business Employers. As one of Manitoba’s Top Employers a career at Vidir will help you find meaning in Mondays!
Our mission is to “Make the world’s products safely accessible”. We are looking for caring, curious, creative individuals, who are continuously growing to join our team of Vidir Hero’s.
For our ARBORG, MANITOBA facility, we are seeking a:
CNC Machine Operator - (Mills and Lathes)
The CNC Operator is responsible for creating quality parts produced on CNC machines such as Lasers, Brakes, Tapping, Lathes, Saw, and milling machines according to company plans, blueprints, and other diagrams.
“The World needs more of who you were made to be.” – Joanna Gaines
- Responsibilities will include loading parts, proving tapes, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, deburring and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- The CNC Operator will detect equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance cutting/machining and adjust machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to insure quality of production.
- Identify and label parts.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts into machines and storage shelfs.
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with the requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly.
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
- Operates a forklift and lifting devices for movement of parts.
- Demonstrate the accountabilities under Vidir’s Safety Management System and Continuous Improvement Programs and lead by example.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Basic math skills
- Post-Secondary education in CNC, CAD/CAM related field is not required but would be considered an asset.
- Time Management
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Team Work
- Excellent written and oral Communication
- Experience in the manufacturing industry is preferred
- Certifications in a related field is preferred
Vidir Solutions Inc. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with The Accessibility for Manitobans Act and the Manitoba Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
Love Where you work – Live where you love:
You’re elevating others every day – we want you to reach the next level too! At Vidir, we genuinely care about your family situation and encourage you to speak with us about options that will help you achieve that important work/life balance. Vidir continuously evaluates our salary and benefits packages to ensure we can all rise together. Some of the benefits we offer include a maternity leave top up of 95% of your salary for up to 17 weeks and mental health practitioner coverage up to $1,000 per year. We also offer additional incentives, perks and parties that promote a culture of recognition and a rewarding work environment. Some of the perks we offer include free tickets to sports games and money towards your kids summer camp. We also offer family friendly parties where we rent out locations like an aquatics center, a theatre, or a train for employees and their families to have fun! Our locations are unique and allow you to spend more time in nature and less time fighting traffic and pollution. Ask us about our locations to find out more! It’s time to rise together and come manufacturer a brighter future with us!
Explore our company and products at www.vidirsolutions.com
Find out about the Vidir experience at www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpIXnfj6Q8c
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.