Community Relations Specialist - ( 230003TK )
At Stantec we build communities. Our Canadian Federal clients secure and enhance our communities. Together we live, work, and raise our families in these local, national, and international communities.
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 28,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We’re looking for a Community Relations Specialist, to join our Canadian Federal Program team. Reporting to the Senior Principal, Canada Federal Program Leader, this role will be responsible for developing and implementing public engagement and consultation strategies, plans, processes, evaluation tools and frameworks.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of outreach and stakeholder engagement events, strategies, policies, programs, services, and products for use by management.
- Lead various outreach’ activities such as public affairs, internal and external communications, media relations and monitoring, speechwriting, public report editing and all aspects of Federal Government relations.
- Develops, implements and continuously improve outreach activities, programs and events in a governmental environment.
- Develop collaborations and partnerships, and mobilize stakeholders.
- Builds and maintains relationships Federal organizations.
- Supports planning, logistics, and organizing of all meetings with communities and Federal organizations.
- Works with Stantec’s Canada Federal team to identify strategic relationships with Federal Government that could be beneficial for medium to long range opportunities.
- Works creatively and collaboratively with Stantec teams to identify opportunities that advance inclusion in professional services aspects of Stantec’s work.
- Partners with key internal stakeholders to implement strategies and recommendations to continually strengthen of our presence with the Federal Government.
- Creates and maintains effective working relationships with Stantec business developers, client account managers and project teams working on projects and initiatives with Federal Government.
- Facilitates public information meetings, open houses, workshops etc.
- Disseminates project information to the public soliciting its feedback and evaluating input and comments.
- Manages meetings with stakeholders to address project compliance issues and fulfill public outreach, education and engagement requirements.
- Facilitates stakeholder discussions ensuring understanding and cooperation often between diverse interests
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative environment.
- Experience working with Indigenous businesses, community members, governments, and organizations.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability.
- Must possess strong facilitative, negotiation, influencing, written communication and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgement, ability to deal with complex and sensitive issues, and communicate and collaborate effectively.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Communications, Public Affairs, Public Administration or related field. Minimum of 8 years of experience.
- Successful candidates in this position may come from a variety of academic backgrounds.
- Candidates with less applicable experience may be considered at a different level.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for periods of time. Travel to Indigenous communities, to Stantec offices in other regions, and attendance at conferences and events may be required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Other Locations : Canada, Canada-Prince Edward Island-Charlottetown
Organization : BC-1292 Federal Program-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 19, 2023, 2:23:53 PM
Req ID: 230003TK
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans