Horizon Health Network is currently hiring Registered Pharmacy Technicians in its facilities across the province of New Brunswick. Horizon offers Full-time, Part-time, Temporary and Casual positions, with a competitive salary. Relocation Assistance as well as a $5000 Recruitment Incentive are available with these positions.
We want to hear from you if you are licenced or eligible to be licensed by the New Brunswick College of Pharmacists. Students currently completing an accredited Pharmacy Technician course are encouraged to apply as well.
Horizon Health Network is the largest regional health authority – and one of the largest employers – in New Brunswick, and the second-largest health authority in Atlantic Canada. Our leadership and health care providers are experts in diverse areas of health and community services and provide services to a half a million people.
To learn more about us and our facilities visit: https://horizonnb.ca/about-us/
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the New Brunswick College of Pharmacist and licensed to practice in New Brunswick.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for:
- Checking medication prepared by other Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacy Assistants and Pharmacy Assistant - Delegated Checkers
- Meeting with patients and gather medication related information to create best possible medication history
- Assisting Pharmacists in the implementation and monitoring of the patient medication care plan
- Providing instructions to patients on medication related tools and devices
- Precepting Pharmacy Technician students and provide orientation to Pharmacy students
- Preparing and labelling sterile products such as total parental nutrition, chemotherapy agents, intravenous mixtures and other sterile products that require specialized techniques
- Preparing, labeling and distributing pharmaceutical products
- Ordering and receiving pharmaceuticals including maintaining inventories
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Casual
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday