Clerk - Maintenance
The Clerk - Maintenance position is responsible for sourcing various suppliers for products and services required and purchase various items and supplies for Maintenance Department. In addition, keep stock and inventory control of maintenance supplies and coordinate sub-contractors.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
- Issue parts, records withdrawal and up-date Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Monitor inventory level, critical parts and inform/up-date Maintenance buyer for replenishment as the need arises.
- Enter data from completed Breakdown work orders, Preventive and Predictive maintenance work orders to CMMS.
- Monitor and prepare packing slips for all parts borrowed and parts going out for repair.
- Keep track of all machine and machine numbers and up-date machine master file.
- Prepare report, charts, summary of maintenance activities, downtime histories, etc.
- Enter parts from log out sheets and maintain inventory control on parts stock.
- Some janitorial duties (garbage removal, snow shoveling, minor maintenance tasks).
- Ability to read lists of products, stock numbers, quantities and prices.
- Interact with maintenance staff to take on various tasks.
Estimate by sight number of tools needed when necessary to reorder supplies, and use graphs to compare performance data over a period of time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent general education.
- Minimum two years experience in a technical field.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and the ability to follow written welding procedures.
Ability to use computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate strong inventory control and stock keeping capabilities to ensure that supplies are readily available.
- Ability to work independently and in a team with other personnel to demonstrate support and ensure tools and materials are available for production.
Keep up to date on changes in computer technology and with changes in different tools and materials used for production.
What Linamar Has To Offer
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Social committees and sports teams.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.