Safran Electronics & Defense Canada Inc. is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets that span over land, naval, aeronautical and space applications. As a division of The Safran Group, our mission is to contribute to safer and more sustainable aviation. The Safran Group has a long-standing presence in Canada with more than 70 years and now has 1700 employees spread over six industrial sites.
The Process Technician will support the programming, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment. In addition, the Process Technician will setup and improve processes and methods in order to improve quality, productivity and cost of the manufacturing process
Why Join Us:
- Enjoy flexible working hours
- We encourage a healthy work life balance with 37 hour work weeks – half day Fridays
- Work from home options
- Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee Share Program
- Employee Recognition and engagement programs
- Opportunities to further your career with excellent Training and Development programs
- Enjoy a positive organizational cultures, social activities and employee events
- Enjoy the perks of a larger corporation with a small town feel
- Contribute to an exciting industry with a company that prioritizes quality and safety
- Mobility opportunities and more offerings of the Safran Group and their 342 locations within 30 countries
- Located in the beautiful Kawarthas, Peterborough is only 1.5 hours away from Toronto
- Responsible the programming of all manufacturing equipment (with the exception of product-specific Test Department equipment). Programming duties includes SMT line equipment (with Pick and Place, SPI, AOI, reflow oven), conformal coat robot and selective soldering equipment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment in order to prevent equipment downtime and production impact. The candidate would need to be committed to support manufacturing personnel.
- Coordination of internal and external preventive maintenance activities. Ability to prepare and present equipment maintenance reports and recommendations.
- Participate in the development and documentation of Work instructions for NPI products, Legacy products, Legacy equipment, Special Processes and Future equipment.
- Take part in the selection, installation and qualification of new manufacturing equipment; support the development of procedures for Special Process.
- Support with production of prototypes and pre-production samples according to cost and schedule requirements.
- Suggest improvement for existing processes, update or create work instructions documents and make jigs/fixtures.
- Establish the most efficient method to manufacture and assemble parts or products to promote efficient method and develop the most suitable manufacturing processes.
- Train and support manufacturing personnel on processes and equipment usage.
- Support calibration on manufacturing equipment to ensure optimal machine availability.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 2 or 3 years college diploma Electronics, Electromechanical or Mechanical Engineering. Years of technical work-related experience may be substituted in place of a degree.
- 2 + years in electronics manufacturing preferred. Strong knowledge of electronic manufacturing equipment methods and procedures. Preference would be given to candidates with demonstrated interest for “Hobby” projects.
- Team player who is enthusiastic, takes initiative and takes pride in work well done with strong analytical problem solving approach and hands-on experience
- Ability to work independently and demonstrated problem solving skills in a work environment
- Attention to detail and motivated by process documentation
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing Concepts
- Experience with HSE procedures in a manufacturing facility
- 3D CAD and 3D printing experience a nice to have
Safran Electronics and Defense Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Process controls, Assembly process engineer, Process operator, avionics, aerospace, process tender
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $22.00 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Safran is following all provincial guidelines and ensure practices are put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the work place
- Are you comfortable with the follwing working hours? Monday - Thursday 4:45pm to 2 am and Friday 1 pm to 5:45 pm?
- Electronics: 1 year (preferred)
- troubleshooting machinery: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person