Ottawa, Ontario – Hybrid
The Liberal Party of Canada is seeking a Junior Web Developer for an opportunity to join a dedicated team of staff to support Justin Trudeau and our Liberal team’s work to keep Canada moving forward. Flexible work hours might be required at times.
Reporting to the Director, Projects and Strategic Communications, the Junior Web Developer will play a crucial role in the front- and back-end development of the Liberal Party of Canada’s websites, and web-based organizing and fundraising tools.
You’ll be building and testing new features, integrating various marketing and data platforms, and cooperating with the other members of the team and wider organization to drive online engagement in new and innovative ways.
- Comprehensive benefits coverage
- Wellness programs
- Employee & family assistance program
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Flexible schedule arrangements
- Prime downtown location close to transit & shopping
- No charge gym membership & shower facilities
- Bicycle locker
- And more
- Develop and maintain the Liberal Party of Canada’s WordPress web codebase, and help form and advance the party’s long-term web strategy.
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop new and innovative engaging, organizing, and fundraising tools.
- Ensure proper integration of various marketing/data platforms, such as Salesforce.
- Test, capture, and analyze appropriate website metrics to inform web strategy and decisions.
- Conceive and develop ways to continually improve UI and UX of LPC web properties.
- Work with the design team to continually modernize the overall look of all web properties.
- Report on web design and development trends, and research and evaluate new technologies.
- Experience with modern development workflows including GIT, Vagrant, gulp.js/grunt.js, staging and production servers.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Optimize, and UTM parameters.
- Understanding of web standards, web accessibility and UI/UX best practices.
- Knowledge of how web works within a digital marketing ecosystem (social, email, etc.).
- Knowledge of Salesforce is an asset.
LPC is committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, racialized people, 2SLGBTQI+ people, people living with disabilities, and other equity-seeking groups. If you identify as a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Should an offer of employment be presented to you, the offer will be conditional upon the candidates attesting to their fully vaccinated status for COVID-19 and providing proof of such vaccination. LPC is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all requests for accommodation based on a medical contraindication, religion or another prohibited ground for discrimination under applicable human rights legislation(s).
LPC encourages applications from all qualified candidates. LPC has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact the Human Resources department at [email protected] if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.