Come build with a BC Top Employer 2023!
Jacob Bros Construction is immediately hiring a Proposal Manager.
The Proposal Manager leverages extensive civil engineering, procurement and construction industry knowledge to coordinate the preparation and submission of winning technical proposal documents.
- Leads compliant, complete and compelling technical submissions.
- Drives gold review process with ownership; directly engaged with leadership in identification of pursuits.
- Works with ownership group to structure and assemble Proposals team.
- Provides technical perspective during the preparation, coordination and consolidation of all proposal activities.
- Interprets engineering documentation such as drawings, specifications, and scope of work.
- Monitors current market to stay familiar with alternate delivery project opportunities and keep abreast of market relationships.
- Analyzes RFQ and RFP requirements, leads management in the development of winning proposal strategies.
- Creates a submission schedule for the proposal team; communicates reminders on proposal deliverables and deadlines.
- Establishes positive working relationships with proposal team members; coordinates multiple stakeholders to ensure individual contributions are submitted on time, and are compliant with client requests.
- Strong analytical capability and eagle-eyed attention to all aspects of proposal life-cycle.
- Maintains and updates proposal content library.
- High ownership; does whatever it takes to meet tight deadlines and submission target dates.
- Additional assignments per management discretion.
- Strong preference given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline.
- Two (2) years experience writing and coordinating RFQ and RFP processes in the construction industry.
- Post-secondary education in sales, marketing, advertising or business management is an asset.
- Proven experience meeting RFQ/RFP deadlines in fast paced, demanding environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator), and SharePoint and CRM knowledge are assets.
- Legally eligible to work for any employer in Canada.
About Jacob Bros:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Group Medical, Extended Health and Dental Plan
- Matched RRSP contribution
- Eligibility for Profit Sharing Program
- Three weeks vacation
- New 50,000 square foot office and maintenance facility in South Surrey with full gym and on-site personal trainer
- 5 Year Service Award (Trip for two anywhere in North America)
- Eligibility for $2000 Referral Bonus Program
At Jacob Bros, our team of talented construction professionals is taking on some the most challenging projects in British Columbia's construction industry.
We are one of BC’s largest and most respected construction organizations, offering construction services in a variety of markets including heavy civil construction, major public infrastructure, and industrial, commercial, institutional and residential projects.
Jacob Bros has proudly served every major sector of Western Canada’s construction industry since 2008, and has been consistently recognized as a BC Top Employer.
Jacob Bros employs over 300 construction professionals, including staff and craft employees.