The Armour Group Limited is one of the leading development and hospitality companies in Atlantic Canada. With its dedicated team of professionals, The Armour Group Limited continues a proud history of creating a sense of place in Nova Scotia – carefully designing, developing, constructing and operating some of our region’s most iconic buildings. With more than 50 years of history locally, this family-owned firm remains committed to a principled approach which ensures all of our developments are environmentally sustainable and integrated into the communities they serve. If you share our values and would like to work with skilled professionals, Armour is presently seeking a Human Resources Manager specifically focused on recruitment and training and development initiatives across the portfolio.
Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, the Human Resources Manager will focus on providing effective recruitment and training and development support for all departments across the portfolio. This position will be a key business partner and will be heavily involved with our full-cycle recruitment and onboarding initiatives. This position will need to gain a full understanding of business needs in order to align, create and implement the training and development strategy. The Human Resources Manager will collaborate with all levels of the organization while ensuring consistent application of HR procedures, policies and programs across the Company.
· In accordance with business needs, develop, communicate and deliver training and development policies and programs across the portfolio.
· Support in the formulation and execution of recruitment efforts across the portfolio, including full-cycle recruitment of key positions.
· Guide and support the management teams on all recruitment and training and development initiatives.
· Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders of varying levels across the organization along with third-party vendors (i.e., recruiting agencies, training providers etc.)
· Support in scheduling and delivering training courses and programs along with new hire onboarding training sessions.
· Track and strategically understand HR data and current market drivers for recruitment and retention; modify strategy accordingly.
· Demonstrate HR leadership by enhancing, embodying and communicating HR policies and procedures, including creating new policies and procedures as directed.
· Ensure consistent application of HR procedures, policies and programs.
· Monitor legislative changes and HR market drivers including those related to immigration.
· Support with the development and oversight of the HR recruitment and training and development budget.
· Participate in and ensure that Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee (JOHSC) initiatives adhere to all legislative requirements across the portfolio.
Job Qualifications and Experience:
· Undergraduate degree; certificate or diploma in HR Management or related area.
· Previous related experience in progressive HR positions.
· Prior experience in the hospitality, construction or property management industry is a significant asset.
· Advanced customer service skills.
· Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
· Effective communication and relationship building skills.
· A commitment to confidentiality and integrity.
· Knowledge of and ability to apply employment standards, human rights and occupational health and safety legislation.
· Effective organizational and time management skills with a focus on achieving deadlines.
The Armour Group Limited is a family business valuing a commitment to excellence, high performance, accountability, integrity, and teamwork. We are looking for diligent people to join our team who share our values, work ethic and passion for building community.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to this job posting or by contacting [email protected].
The Armour Group Limited is an equal opportunity employer. While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
Work Location: In person