- Development of a trusting and therapeutic relationship with clients.
- Teaching of living skills and social skills through role modeling of appropriate behavior and can assess client deficits and strengths and use systematic plans of instruction, teaching methods and approaches to transfer information and skill to clients.
- Assist clients with the development and maintenance of problem-solving skills.
- Activity planning that involves clients in groups to meet the recreational, educational, or therapeutic needs.
- Counseling skills that utilize problem-solving, de-escalation, goal-setting and preventative interventions with clients in either a 1:1 or group scenario.
- Documentation of daily activities, themes and follow-through of the children and youth.
- Monthly documentation related to clients including service planning, reviews, plans.
- Day-to-day service delivery components including, but not limited to, medication administration, client
orientation, scheduling of wellness related appointments, transportation (if qualified)
- Care of the program environment and clients including cleaning, meal preparation, grocery shopping.
- Providing all clients with a sense of safety, acceptance, and nurturance.
- Mitigation of overall organizational (including facilities, employees, and clients) risk as per the Risk.
- Police Check - Vulnerable Sector Check
- Intervention Record Check
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have a current Intervention Record Check ( issued within the last 6 months)?
- Do you have a Vulnerable Police sector check ( issued within the last 6 months)?
- Child and Youth Worker: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person