Title: Customer Service Representative
Location: 1290 Old Innes Road, Ottawa, On, K1B 5M6
100% on site
Start Date: ASAP
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday 7:30 AMto 4:30 PM with 1 hour lunch
Salary Range: $21 to $24.00/hour ($43,680 to $49920 annually)
Vacation: 3 weeks
Benefits: Career Development and tuition reimbursement program, Health/Dental/Life Benefit programs, EAP Program, RRSP Program (company matches at 50% of whatever the employee contribute up to a maximum of $1000 each year.
Assessment: Cognitive and Behavioral to be done before first interview
Safety Express Ltd., an Aramsco Company, has been serving its clients in the Abatement, Restoration, Professional Cleaning, Industrial Safety and Surface Preparation market for more than 35 years.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for selling Safety Express Ltd. products and services while providing a high level of customer service to our customers and potential customers, reaching business targets through excellent telephone and walk-in sales. This individual will also generate sales leads and build a strong customer experience and lasting relationships with our customers. Integrity, vision, professionalism, and passion are key components of this position. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
If you are passionate about working with customers and have an interest in the Abatement and Restoration Industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information about our products and services; and a willingness to learn new key initiatives.
- Respond to customer service calls in a courteous and professional manner including addressing client inquires such as order status, payment, and refunds etc.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Responsible for accurately entering customer orders for existing and new customers, including determining customer needs, assisting with product selection, upselling/cross-sell, and advising of monthly promotions; outbound calling to existing customers.
- Manage flow of orders from entry through to invoicing while communicating effectively with customers regarding timelines and effective product substitutions to prevent backorders, along with working with the operations team to acquire freight quotes through our transportation software.
- Timely notification to customers related to status of orders status.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure customer requirements such as, but not limited to accurate system pricing and managing credit holds.
- Following up with key stakeholders on customer orders to ensure processed timely including backorder status.
- Resolve customer complaints and issues in a courteous and efficient manner with the ability to Identify and escalate issues to the appropriate parties when necessary.
- Work with branch team to ensure branch and showroom is merchandized and kept tidy and clean.
- Collaborate with Sales Manager and Branch Manager to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Maintaining and expanding the company's database of prospects by passing leads to Outside Sales Representative with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, and so on.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Coordinate customer training as necessary.
- Attending periodic sales training where applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, FIT testing.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Previous industry knowledge an asset
- 3 years of direct work experience in customer service and sales capacity.
- Strong knowledge of retail and/or wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Knowledge in the abatement, restoration, construction, or general safety & cleaning industries would be an asset.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written communication.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP systems computer skills required (data entry, typing skills, email).
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to work in a distribution environment.
- Walking, bending, reaching, stretching, climbing, sitting.
- Manual dexterity
- Visual acuity to read bar code labels and location labels.
- Heavy lifting may be required.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $21.00-$24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Can you reliably commute to Old Innes Road in Ottawa, Ontario daily?
- How many years of Customer Service Experience do you have?
- Do you have knowledge of the Construction, Abatement and Restoration industry?
- Are you proficient with Microsoft Office?
- Do you have experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software?
Work Location: In person