Come and join our diverse team of dedicated professionals at New Age Services (NAS) Inc.! NAS provides programs and resources for individuals with developmental disabilities in the Calgary Region. We are united by our shared value to serve a bigger purpose than ourselves.
Why Work for New Age Services?
We offer a supportive team environment, ongoing training and developmental opportunities, competitive wages, and benefits. We value diversity and believe it makes us stronger.
What to Expect in This Role ...
You will be working alongside a team in our "Community Access" program. As part of this team, you will typically be supporting individuals alone in their homes' or in the community, or occasionally in our main facility in NE Calgary. Having a high level of autonomy and flexibility is a necessity for this role, as you may be supporting individuals who require street level outreach, and do not consistently follow a set routine.
Individuals you support may have diagnoses such as various Mental Health Concerns, Anxiety, Depression, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy, Developmental Delays, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down Syndrome, or Moderate Dementia. In this role you also may face behaviours of concern, and each client will have a personalized support plan that you are required to follow. These customized plans are designed to address specific needs, and to support client’s in working towards and achieving their personal goals.
Schedule & Benefits:
- Provide medical, technological, environmental, emotional, physical, and behavioural support.
- Drive to meet clients, and/or transport clients to and from activities or appointments.
- Assist with a range of daily tasks, such as employment, volunteering, physical activity, grocery shopping, housekeeping, etc.
- Support clients with needs that could include personal care, g-tubes, lifts, etc.
- Participate in the research, development, and implementation of client programs.
- Learn the behavioural support plans to better understand client needs.
- Effectively complete required client documentation and/or reporting.
This is a permanent weekend position at 12 hours/week. The schedule will be Saturday’s & Sunday’s, with core hours from 11:00AM to 5:00PM. The starting hourly rate for this position ranges from $21.19/hour to $22.64/hour, depending on experience. Mileage is reimbursed at $0.50/km, and this role includes 4% vacation pay with an additional 5 flex days after 3 months of employment.
All regular staff are eligible to pick up casual shifts at any location outside of their scheduled hours if they are interested.
What You Bring:
You are a team-player who is personable, empathetic, and easily able to adapt to changing circumstances or daily routines. You are patient and calm under pressure, and can communicate clearly and respectfully with co-workers, client support networks, and the individuals you are assisting – even in stressful or hectic situations. You have a person-centered approach and work diligently to build positive relationships with those around you. You take time to really get to know your client and obtain their trust, thus always acting in their best interest, while maintaining professional boundaries and meaningful connections.
- Canadian Certificate/Diploma in the Human Services Sector (equivalencies will be considered).
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and access to your own reliable vehicle, with minimum $2,000,000 Liability Insurance by time of hire.
- Must be comfortable with swimming and being around pets or other animals.
- Previous relevant experience in the Human Services Field, with exposure to the Homeless/Housing Sector being an asset.
- Must have working knowledge of the Harm Reduction Model, with some level of experience being ideal.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy:
- Familiarity with various mental health concerns and concerning behavioural challenges (ex. aggression, addictions, etc.).
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Current trainings, including but not limited to: First Aid/CPR, Medication Administration, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Abuse Prevention Response Protocol, Positive Behaviour Supports, etc.
NAS Inc. is committed to the health, safety, and well-being of its staff and all individuals who enter its workplace. Therefore, proof of full vaccination (minimum of two doses) is mandatory