Eastgate Academy is a new private school in Moncton that opened in September 2021. The school’s focus is on the healthy balance between intellectual, social and academic growth and physical and mental well-being. Eastgate Academy is a candidate school for the IB Primary Years Program (PYP) and will develop to offer a full International Baccalaureate continuum. The school currently has students in kindergarten to grade 7 and will add a grade level each year. The first graduating class is expected in 2028.
The school’s program is built around the well-regarded and innovative British Columbia curriculum, which is closely aligned with the International Baccalaureate pedagogical approaches. The school will focus on core French within its academic programming.
We seek an innovative, collaborative, and caring individual with strong communication skills in English to fulfil the role of Office Manager for a 1 year contract.
Finance and operations:
- Coordinate facilities issues with appropriate contacts (ie. janitor, landlord, IT support etc.).
- Coordinate payroll and extended benefits
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable in collaboration with the treasurer of board of directors
- Receive purchase requests from teachers and coordinate ordering of classroom supplies, resources, equipment, or services
- Arranging transportation when necessary for Education Outside the Classroom experiences
- Supporting Principal in tracking spending and monitoring the budget
- Light cleaning on days that the cleaner is not scheduled
Marketing and admissions:
- Support the Director of Community Development to implement the marketing strategy
- Support the Principal and Director of Community Development to implement the admissions process
- Manage multiple emails and respond to and redirect emails and inquiries
- Investigate and respond to all inquiries promptly and accurately
- Managing student data and files
- Monitor and follow-up with daily student attendance
- Supervise the front desk: Answering calls, greeting students, families and guests; schedule and communicate appointments and meetings with the board, principal and staff
- Monitor stock of office supplies (paper, envelopes, printer supplies, etc.)
- Assisting the DCD and Principal when required
Required Qualifications and skills:
Please apply if you:
● are legally entitled to work in Canada
● are looking to be in a young and dynamic educational setting
● are approachable and able to interact effectively with students, parents and teachers
● have administrative ninja skills to get “stuff” done and shift priorities (even before we know)
● are skilled at calendar management and executive assistant support activities
● are highly organized with communications, scheduling, travel and coordination
● are comfortable with IT applications, like Google Workspaces
● are the type of person who often gets things done before a deadline
● are detail-oriented
● are self-motivated, friendly, approachable, and able to work independently with little supervision
● have excellent communication skills – we will need you to help the team keep on track!
Preferred Experience and Qualities:
● Experience working in a school setting
● Ability to speak and write in French
● Compensation is commensurate with applicant's background and experience
Applications can be made to the school’s email address at [email protected]. Please include a cover letter and resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $18.71-$32.30 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-11-06