Backed by a fifth-generation family-owned company, Spicers is a leading distributor of commercial print and business papers, specialty products, graphic solutions, sign & display equipment and materials, and packaging and facility supplies and equipment.
We’re based in Vaughan, Ontario, with 17 regional locations that include custom manufacturing facilities in Edmonton, Toronto and Winnipeg, as well as cash and carry locations, product showrooms and equipment demo sites.
We are currently looking for a Credit Analyst located in Richmond, BC reporting to the Credit and Collections Regional Manager.
Under the supervision of the Credit and Collections Regional Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Bilingual Credit Analyst include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Negotiating with overdue accounts to arrange for payment collection;
- Investigating, resolving or negotiating solutions to problems with customers claim or reasons for withholding payment pending resolution;
- Referring to the manager or external collection agency those accounts from which payment collection is difficult or delinquent;
- Monitoring customer ordering and payment transactions and remaining alert to any signals or trends;
- Preparing reports
- Providing backup for colleagues in the credit department as required;
- Processing credit card payments;
- Reconciliation of accounts on a weekly basis;
- Ensuring credit limits are consistently monitored;
- Requesting adjustments based on sales and payments;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma or the equivalent education;
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience;
- Bilingual (both oral and written);
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle deadline pressure as well;
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written);
- Proficient in using MS Office;
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with a team;
- Excellent organization, time management, and attention to detail skills;
- Excellent customer service skills; and
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Able to work on a computer for numerous hours which may result in strain on wrists, eyes, back, etc.;
- Ability to work in a busy, open area office;
- May have to spend long hours in concentration which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy; and
- This position faces a number of deadlines which may cause significant stress.
Spicers Canada ULC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all interested parties. Spicers Canada is able to offer accommodations to potential candidates and new employees during the recruitment and selection process and encourages individuals who may require accommodations to contact Human Resources.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Large volume order releasing: 2 years (required)
- credit collection: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person