We offer competitive salary and opportunities for professional growth.
Spartan Wellness is a growing leader in treatment services for Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, as well as First Responders (Paramedics, Police, RCMP, Fire-fighters). We provide care across the nation touching the lives of thousands of individuals annually.
As a Nurse Practitioner, you play a direct role in saving the lives of our patients each day by serving our patients in a safe environment and promoting long term recovery. You will partner with the stellar team at Spartan Wellness to establish and maintain a therapeutic environment for our residents.
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner (Ontario, Canada)
- Comfortable working independently and remotely with the population when needed
- Ability to utilize G-Suites, M365
- Prior use of InputHealth will be considered an asset
- Prior work with Veterans and dealing with VAC (MBC) will be considered an asset
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
- Prior Medical Cannabis prescribing experience will be considered an asset
- Patient Consultations: Interact with patients to assess their overall health and well-being.
- Conduct a thorough medical history, diagnosis and treat
- Individualized Treatment Plans: Create personalized treatment plans tailored to each patient's specific needs and goals. Consider the patient's physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being and focus on addressing the underlying causes of illness.
- Health Education: Educate and empower their patients to take an active role in their health and well-being. Provide guidance on nutrition, exercise, stress management, and other lifestyle factors to promote optimal health and prevent disease.
- Collaboration and Referrals: Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive care for their patients. Refer patients to specialists or conventional medical practitioners when necessary.
- Research and Continuing Education: Stay up-to-date with the latest research and advancements in medicine. Engage in continuing education to expand knowledge and skills and incorporate evidence-based practices into patient care.
- Practice Management: Work in integrative healthcare settings, handle administrative tasks such as scheduling appointments, maintaining patient records.
- Assess and provide the patient with the necessary documentation for the appropriate examiner in the clinic
Spartan Wellness is committed to the principles of equality and diversity in the workplace. We aim to hire the best candidate for the position based on their qualifications and merit in terms of knowledge, skills, and experience. Spartan Wellness will not discriminate against job applicants on any of the grounds protected by human rights legislation during any phases of the recruitment, screening, and hiring process.
This position is veteran friendly so please feel free to apply.
Job Types: Contract, Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $60.00 per hour
- Nurse Practitioners License (required)
Work Location: Remote