Caring for Life. Make a difference. Be the difference.
Calea is Canada’s leader in the provision of products and services that safely and reliably support community-based infusion therapy, advanced wound care, and the need for general medical supplies.
We are a community partner and licensed Pharmacy, providing expert solutions and support resources to healthcare professionals, hospitals, patients and their caregivers, and home care programs across the country. Calea supports patient care provided by several of Ontario’s largest Local Health Integration Networks’ (LHINs) Home and Community Care services. Our customers also include Regional Health Authorities.
Our people, experience, systems, and facilities make us a trusted partner in delivering innovative, cost-effective, patient-focused care that preserves independence and enhances quality of life. With over 280 employees and pharmacy locations in four provinces, Calea is committed to continually advancing the delivery of safe, high-quality community care.
If you are looking to work for a growing, global corporation that is focused on making meaningful improvements in the safety, affordability, and availability of the care medical professionals provide to their patients, then you should consider Calea & Fresenius Kabi Canada. We are an employer that works to build great leaders, teams and businesses. We know our employees are key to everything we accomplish, so we give them the freedom and resources to reach their potential and the opportunity to work with managers who care about their professional development.
We are currently seeking a full-time IT Support Specialist to join our team in Mississauga.
Monday – Friday; In-office schedule with the opportunity to work from home on occasion, dictated by business needs. This position will rotate between the Mississauga and Toronto sites (with flexibility required to provide coverage in Hamilton when needed) plus on-call rotation.
This position has expectations of being part of an in-person schedule (primarily Mississauga and Toronto, Hamilton when required) and on-call rotation.
The IT Support Specialist will work with the Service Desk team, who are responsible for assisting end-users with their IT equipment and software issues. In this role, you will work with the Senior Support Specialist and Manager, Systems Analyst. You will ensure end-users have a positive end-to-end experience that enables them to do exceptional work.
- Analyze customers’ computer problems to diagnose them and determine the cause
- Document customers’ descriptions of their computer problems
- Guide customers through the recommended problem-solving steps
- Set up or repair computer equipment and related devices
- Install and train users on new hardware or software
- Inform team members and managers of significant problems or customers’ recurring concerns
- Monitor, prioritize, assign and complete user support requests using the ticketing system (SNOW). Ensuring SLAs are maintained.
- Assist with application testing, following pre-defined test plans and guidelines for GxP compliance
- Assist with various projects, including researching new technology, testing, deployment and documentation
- Support asset inventory, conducting regular audits for hardware and licenses Flexible and able to work various shifts to meet the requirements of our evolving business needs, including occasional evenings and weekends
- On-call after regular-hours support is provided on a rotational basis, one week at a time (via cell phone)
- Travel between Fresenius Kabi Canada and Calea locations is required
- Performs any other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- College or University degree in Computer science or equivalent combination of education, training and
- A minimum of 3 years of customer service experience is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of IT technical experience is preferred
- Experience in an IT team would be an asset
- A high degree of professionalism and ability to work both in a team environment and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and set priorities with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy required
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience providing Customer Service using a ticketing system
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience working with SharePoint and Microsoft Office 0365: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Self-starting, strong work ethic, with enthusiasm and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Strong communication, presentation, organization, and interpersonal skills
Calea is responsible for ensuring we can provide critical and lifesaving medical products and services to vulnerable members of our communities. We are committed to fostering a caring culture, a safe environment, and a healthy workplace for all employees. Everyone must follow safe work practices and comply with our health and safety policies.
The company is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of people with disabilities. Calea is dedicated to breaking down barriers to accessibility, preventing new barriers from arising and to meet the accessibility requirements prescribed by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation at any time please contact us.