Job Number: 47736
We are seeking an experienced senior HR professional to join our multifaceted team. Reporting to the Director, HR Strategic Services, the Senior HR Business Partner operates in an integrated and dynamic business model to provide strategic level human resource services to their internal clients.
The Senior HR Business Partner collaborates with the department senior leadership team to understand business strategy, priorities and translates department business needs into people strategies and broker subject matter expertise and services from across Employee and Legal Services. The Senior HR Business Partner helps identify and build organizational capability, behaviours, structures and processes, and supports business areas to lead their workforce and create a positive employee experience.
Goals and Deliverables:
- Act as the Human Resources main point of contact for senior leaders within their assigned business area
- Forge influential relationships with senior executives, directors, supervisors and subject matter experts across the organization.
- Coach leaders and steward the City’s cultural commitments, leadership competencies, and employee experience
- Gain an in-depth understanding of their client’s unique operational needs and challenges in order to provide strategic and impactful advice
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on organizational design, change leadership, issues management, talent management, and roll-out of corporate HR initiatives for their clients
- Guide senior leadership in large-scale change management initiatives including planning, implementing and sustaining change within their area
- Lead and participate in the development, implementation, and communication of corporate human resources related programs, projects, initiatives, policies and processes
- Responsible for leading HR Business Partner and HR Consultant positions and ensuring communication and integration of information to ensure client service delivery
- Advance strategic level human resource services and ensure consistent application across the corporation
- Establish relationships based on trust and credibility throughout the organization
- In collaboration with colleagues across Employee and Legal services, deliver on key projects and initiatives across the corporation
- Knowledge, training and/or education in Business, Human Resources, Labour/Industrial Relations or a related discipline
- A Chartered Professional in Human Resources Designation is considered an asset
- Additional training in public administration, project management, financial management and/or change management is considered an asset
- Related experience providing advice and strategic human resources consulting services to senior-level management
- Proven project management, portfolio planning, change leadership, creative problem solving, systems thinking, and organizational skills
- Previous experience working with Unions, managing and resolving issues in a collaborative manner would be an asset
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
What does success look like?
- Implement complex, strategic, corporate-wide plans, programs and initiatives
- Communicate with strong political acumen, strategic planning, issue resolution and decision-making skills
- Effectively build and manage relationships in order to, communicate, influence and collaborate with a variety of partners and stakeholders including senior management, staff at all levels, union representatives, businesses, government agencies, and other organizations
- Operate within broad parameters and challenge the status quo in proposing strategies and programs that will support sustained employee engagement
- Manage and lead work groups effectively
- Inspire trust, build meaningful connections and establish collaborative working relationships with partners and stakeholders in the HR system to ensure effective, integrated, cooperative and streamlined delivery of HR programs and services
- Present complex ideas to diverse audiences, build positive relationships and establish clear expectations
- Demonstrate service excellence, embracing diversity and promoting inclusiveness
- Demonstrate alignment with the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, fostering an environment for others to do the same. For more information on the City’s Cultural Commitments, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Demonstrate the foundational competencies, key behaviours and attributes of the City’s six leadership competencies: Courage, Inclusivity, Values-Based Influencer, Collaborative Networker, Systems Thinker and Creative Innovator. For more information on the City’s leadership competencies, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We encourage applications from courageous leaders who intentionally promote respect and inclusion on their teams. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework (https://bit.ly/3hd2d95) and the Indigenous Framework (https://bit.ly/3cMgnPU).
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact [email protected].
1 Permanent Full-time position
Talent sourced through this process may be considered for similar opportunities within the City of Edmonton
Hire is dependent on Criminal Information Check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton; there may be a cost associated with this requirement
Hours of Work: 36.9 hours per week, Monday - Friday. This position may be eligible for the Hybrid Work Program
Salary: $104,609.00 - $149,441.00 (Annually)
Talent Acquisition Consultant: JM/JJ
Classification Title: Senior HR Business Partner
Posting Date: Sep 11, 2023
Closing Date: Oct 8, 2023 11:59:00 PM (MDT)
Number of Openings (up to): 1 - Permanent Full-time
Union : Management
Department: Talent Management
Work Location(s): Century Place, 10th Floor, 9803 - 102A Avenue Edmonton T5J 3A3