When your work with us, it’s not just a job, you are joining our family.
Kasteel Construction and Coatings Inc. is a Northern-owned and operated company located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Our purpose: To serve our team members and our Northern communities with compassion, thoughtfulness and caring acts while working to deliver superior construction and coating projects. We are dedicated to our clients and employees through our transparent commitment to do things differently. Our directive is to provide every client, employee, and subcontractor with exceptional honesty and fairness. Kindness is contagious. Kasteel prides itself on building strong, long-term relationships which are driven by trust and repeat performance.
Due to our rapidly expanding business, we currently have an opening in Yellowknife for full-time: Taper/Painter
The Taper | Painter will have a strong construction background and is highly skilled and professional. The ideal candidate will be willing to travel, job sites include Yellowknife and surrounding areas as well as various mines sites. This is a physically demanding position, to do well in this role you need to be physically fit, energetic, reliable, have a keen eye for attention to detail, and be a hard worker. The duties for this position are outlined below.
Kasteel is an expanding company, therefore flexibility within this position is essential to accommodate needs by filling in as needed/where needed, aside from the primary duties. We are dedicated to our clients and employees through our transparent commitment to do things differently. Our directive is to provide every client, employee, and subcontractor with exceptional honesty and fairness. Kasteel prides itself on building strong, long-term relationships which are driven by trust and repeat performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES | JOB DUTIES:
· Coordinate with the Site Lead/Superintendent to execute mobilization efforts and job site setup.
· Follow construction plans, scope of work, and instructions from the Site Lead/Superintendent.
· Prepare weekly project construction schedule in detail over the duration of the project in consultation with Site Lead/Superintendent.
· Review and maintain documentation and drawings, specifications, and complete daily site reports, POs, and project photographs in consultation with the Site Lead/Superintendent and Project Administrator.
· Update Site Lead/Superintendent with possible changes to the project and key milestone dates, forecasting daily, weekly, and monthly targets.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans as needed.
· Cut and roll, caulk, prep areas for paint.
· Protect finished areas for paint.
· Load and unload materials and equipment.
· Prepare and clean-up of job sites, dispose of debris and other waste materials.
· Proper operation and care for equipment and machines.
· Maintain a safe and organized work environment.
· Follow all Kasteel Safety policies and procedures.
· Capable of Level 5 drywall finishing.
· Previous experience using spray machines would be a considerable asset.
· Familiarity with the Northern construction industry would be a considerable asset.
· Previous experience with a General Construction firm would be an asset.
· Strong work ethic, proven team player, and comfortable in a dynamic environment.
· Able to prioritize and is self-motivated, innovative, and a creative thinker.
· Effective verbal communication and listening skills.
· Ability to solve problems independently.
· High attention to detail.
· Good attendance and time-management skills.
· Able to operate required tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
· Physically fit, capable of climbing on ladders and carrying at least 50 pounds.
· Local applicants only or must be willing to relocate.
· Ability to work remotely with little supervision, if required.
· Ability to work overtime, weekends, and travel on a job-to-job basis, when required.
· Motivated and goal-driven individual, who wants to progress with the company.
· Has core values that align with our company.
· Carries themselves in a respectful, thoughtful manner to clients and staff, in a fast-paced environment.
· Proven team player and comfortable in a dynamic environment.
· Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Job Safety is #1 - Kasteel is COR certified and therefore we follow a comprehensive safety program to reduce risk and maximize performance. All employees must complete orientations to become familiar with the site safety culture, specific hazards, and detailed safety plans. Commitment to safety compliance can only be 100%.
Kasteel believes in treating employees with dignity and respect, we offer a competitive wage and benefit plan while allowing you to grow with our company. If you are interested in applying, please include your resume, cover letter and “salary expectations”.
We appreciate all applications, yet due to the number of applications, we are only able to follow up with those candidates who best meet our qualifications.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Yellowknife, NT: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- This role requires the candidate to obtain security (background checks) and medical clearances. Would there be any concerns that might prevent you from receiving clearance on these checks?
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada (citizen, permanent resident, work permit)?
- This role does require travel to job sites including Yellowknife and surrounding areas as well as various mine sites. Are you willing to travel to these areas?
- What are your salary expectations for the role?
- Construction painting: 3 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person