Neelands is a family owned, private Canadian company that has been in the refrigeration and HVAC business since 1958. We have a long history of providing comprehensive refrigeration and HVAC design, installation, and service offerings to Supermarkets as well as Commercial and Industrial markets across North America. We are a leader in advanced refrigeration technologies and state of the art products, offering turnkey solutions for new construction, retrofits for existing facilities, system controls, HVAC services, and sustainable energy services.
Since 1958, Neelands has been providing industry-leading and customized solutions for a broad range of industries and businesses. We are proud to have a dedicated and highly skilled technical team that is focused on refrigeration, HVAC, energy management, controls, equipment sales, and service and maintenance.
Neelands Group began as a family-run business and, to this day, we treat our team like extended family. We offer a competitive salary, learning opportunities, and a range of benefits.
Neelands is searching for a Payroll Adminstrator to join our team. This position is regular, full-time reporting directly to the Senior Payroll Specialist. The successful candidate will help process weekly payroll for both Canada and USA employees.
- Prepare and process Canadian and US weekly payrolls for both hourly and salaried employees with high degree of accuracy and strict adherence to deadlines using Ceridian Dayforce
- Responsible and accountable for the payroll audit of multiple entries in Dayforce, Great Plains (GP) and Acumatica as well as balancing the payroll export from ERP system into Dayforce
- Calculate and prepare pay adjustments, overtime, termination pays or other special payments in compliance with company and legislated policies
- Have a strong working relationship with other departments as well as HR to capture changes that effect payroll (e.g. new hires, leaves and terminations)
- Completion of ROE’s through Ceridian Dayforce or ROE Web as well as responding to inquiries form Service Canada
- Assist with year end process including the creation of T4/W2 slips and other government reporting
- Provide guidance and assistance to employees regarding their payroll issues in a timely manner
- All other duties as required
What you Bring to the Team:
- 1 – 3 years of related experience working with payroll in a similar role
- Working knowledge of Dayforce, Great Plains and Acumatica is considered an asset
- PCP designation, currently working towards designation or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of US payroll is considered an asset
- Previous experience working with a Unionized environment is considered an asset
- Computer proficiency at an intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word is required
- A friendly and professional approach to dealing with management and staff
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- A self-starter who is highly effective working both independently and with a team
- Experience dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to perform in a high pressure, time-sensitive environment
- Demonstrate judgement and initiative as well as exceptional problem solving skills with respect to multi-tasking and prioritization of responsibilities
- A keen attention to detail
- A positive, hands-on, “can-do” attitude
Why join Neelands?
- Paid Time Off – Vacation & Sick Days
- Competitive Salary
- Paid weekly
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional Development and Training
Neelands Group Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with Accessibility standards and regulations. If applicants require accommodation for a disability during the recruitment process, they must make their needs known in advance. Please notify Human Resources or the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
If you are a team player and you are looking for an opportunity to grow with Neelands, we encourage you to submit your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Neelands; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls or agencies.
Neelands is an equal opportunity employer.
Accommodations are available upon request. If applicable, please inform Neelands Group Limited of accommodations that are required during the recruitment process.