Roots is more than just an/the iconic Canadian retailer, we are a group of passionate employees who act with integrity, trust each other, and do what is right. We work in a space where people can grow and develop, with a team of people who own results and are dedicated to seeing Roots win. We seek to build longstanding relationships with partners who share our commitment to maintaining high ethical standards of operation.
We are currently seeking a Developer, Salesforce Commerce Cloud who can be nice, will seek inspiration from our roots, can commit to achieving results the right way and loves to think big to join us on our journey. The Developer, Salesforce Commerce Cloud reporting to the Director, Application Development, will play a key role in designing and developing the Roots eCommerce website using Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC/Demandware).
The Developer, Salesforce Commerce Cloud for Roots will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborates closely with the Scrum Master, other developers, business analysts and eCommerce stakeholders
- Provide mentoring to junior developers
- Develop server-side controllers, scripts, and APIs in SFCC.
- Develop readable and maintainable code with a mindset of leaving the code in a state that will allow other developers to maintain and expand upon your code with ease.
- Develop fast and efficient code that performs well in a high traffic eCommerce website.
- Connect multiple systems using LINK cartridges or by developing custom code.
- Create automated tests to provide test coverage for critical parts of the application.
- Write clear and detailed documentation for new features and processes that are developed.
- Troubleshoot code, jobs, and integrations in production and development environments.
- Participate in and contribute to software development life cycle processes such as sprint planning, estimation, and retrospectives.
Top candidates for the Developer, Salesforce Commerce Cloud role will have the following:
- 3+ years of experience in web development.
- MUST have 2+ years of experience in Salesforce Commerce Cloud development.
- An understanding of REST APIs and experience integrating with other platforms using APIs.
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases.
- Strong understanding of source control using Git.
- Strong understanding of the Storefront Reference Architecture (SFRA).
- Proficient in administering a SFCC instance using Business Manager.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong collaborator and ability to navigate business requests efficiently.
- SFCC developer certification or similar considered an asset.
Founded in 1973, Roots Canada is a publicly held Canadian lifestyle brand that sells apparel, leather bags, small leather goods, footwear, and active athletic wear with over 100 retail stores in North America and Asia.