Position: Safety Coordinator
Job location: Saskatoon, SK (Please only apply if you live in Saskatoon or surrounding area)
Position contact: Sam Reindl
- Assist clients with the implementation of the requirements of the Saskatchewan and/or Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Legislation.
- Inform management (including supervisors) of safety concerns.
- Ensure that first aid services are provided in compliance with provincial requirements.
- Inform supervisors of legislation, policy, and safety procedures relevant to their work.
- Ensure a copy of the most up to date company safety manual is kept at each work site and is accessible to all workers.
- Ensure that a copy of the most up to date provincial health and safety regulations are kept on the work site and that it is accessible to all workers.
- Ensure that the company policies are posted in a common area at the office and each work site.
- Develop site-specific emergency plans for the office, yard and all sites. Ensure plans are kept up to date, posted, and tested as required.
- Develop, in consultation with management and workers, site-specific safety and environmental procedures.
- Review safety manuals to ensure understanding of how the safety program is to operate. Suggest changes for improvement as required.
- Inform the manager or supervisor at each work site about any policy and procedural amendments made to site-specific safety procedures.
- Attend courses and seminars to stay current with provincial legislation and “best practice” industry standards.
- When necessary, attend courses that will include instructor certification or “Train the Trainer” courses so you can certify workers in areas such as WHMIS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), etc.
- Facilitate the training of staff regarding job safety duties. Ensure worker training is completed according to policies, COR requirements and applicable legislation. Ensure all training is kept up to date. Schedule safety-related training upon approval from company Management.
- Facilitate committee meetings as required by legislation and site requirements. Ensure Committee inspections are carried out and complete meeting minutes.
- Conduct regularly scheduled site visits of all sites to ensure safety compliance with legislation and industry best practices. Document and report to the supervisor in charge of unsafe acts or conditions.
- Manage equipment, vehicle and tool files when required. Ensure preventative maintenance programs are being followed.
- Prepare for the COR audit and ensure that the company is meeting/exceeding all expectations.
- Complete required statistical reports.
- File all safety-related paperwork in the safety file system (paper files and digital as required).
- Manage digital safety management software as required.
- Ensure that all applicable recording and reporting procedures including, but not limited to, the following are carried out:
- Incident investigations and reporting
- Safety meetings
- Worker orientations
- Worksite safety inspections and hazard analysis
- Worker training management
- Statistical reporting
- Emergency procedure development and maintenance
- WHMIS management
- Internal COR audit management
- Safety program management and compliance
- College diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or related technical training.
- CRSP certification would be an asset.
- Experience working with the COR audit process is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a health & safety position.
- Superior knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Adobe Pro.
- Valid Driver’s License mandatory- Use of personal vehicle will be required for the position – kilometers will be paid for use of a personal vehicle.
- The majority of work will be performed in Saskatoon at various client locations. Some remote work from home will be required.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 32-40 per week
Salary: $20.00-$35.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you live in Saskatoon or surrounding area?
- Drivers license (required)
Work Location: In person