As part of a dynamic team committed to providing quality support, you will enjoy a rewarding work environment that promotes the dignity, values, rights and inclusion of people we support.
This position is accountable for the care, safety and security of the people we support and the monitoring of their daily routine. Support workers will also be responsible to manage medication administration, health care treatment, documentation of records, and money management related to their support plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Facilitate and support the participation of the people we support in their community, neighborhood and family activities and affairs
· Promote the people we support to develop decision-making skills, exercise choices and assume reasonable risks.
· Be aware of the unique needs and interest of each person we support especially as it pertains to identifying and addressing their recreational cultural and spiritual strengths and needs
· Involve the people we support in appropriate age and cultural activities typically engaged in by their developmentally delayed peers
· Liaise with community, church and social groups and relevant agencies in the community to promote the participation of citizens with an developmental disability
· Assist the people we support to develop personal competencies and valued social roles through the mutual established of individual support plans.
· Facilitate the people we support with their health needs including personal hygiene, assistance with meals, physiotherapy, physical activity nutrition monitoring, treatments and medication and ensure appropriate and accurate documentation of such intervention and support
· Accompany the people we support to medical dental and other professional appointments as required
· Assist the people we support with the preparation of meals and ensure that the food preparation follows the Canada Food Guide
· Facilitate and assist the people we support to keep their finances in order and maintain complete and confidential information on each person we support
· Provide support to new employees, co-workers, volunteers and students in regards to policies procedures, routines and individual support plans
· Adhere to all the polices procedures, practices expectations and standards as established by the association, including the health and safety policies and expectations
· University or College Degree in the Human Services Field such as Developmental Service/Child Care Worker, Social Service Worker, Early Childhood Educator, Bachelor of Arts or Science in the Human Services Field
· Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) and First Aid/CPR (preferred)
· A valid G driver’s license (required)
· Police clearance with vulnerable sector check (required)
· As per CLB’s policy, all staff must be able to show proof of full vaccination (two doses) against covid-19 (required)
· Minimum of one year employment or a volunteer in the Human Services Field or Equivalent would be an asset
Skills and Abilities
· Ability to work effectively as a team member and possesses initiative
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to set priorities, coordinate activities, respond appropriately to difficult situations, follow through with direction
· Understand respect and always take into account the needs and wishes of the people we support and their families
We are always seeking applicants who feel they have the qualifications and skills to help us fulfill our mission.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants are requested to contact Human Resources and encouraged to make their accommodation needs known in advance.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 16-24 per week
Salary: From $27.56 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- Are you able to provide proof of vaccination against Covid-19 (2 doses)? Please note this is a requirement for all of our staff.
- Developmental Services: 1 year (preferred)
- G2 or G Driver's License (required)
Work Location: In person