Senior Property Administrator
Primaris REIT is currently hiring a dedicated and enthusiastic Senior Property Administrator to join the team on site at our Devonshire Mall location in Windsor, Ontario. If you are experienced in using Property Accounting software (Yardi preferred) and have a passion for reporting integrous data, while supporting and leading others this exciting opportunity is perfect for you!
As the Senior Property Administrator, you will be responsible for daily, monthly, quarterly and annual financial transactions for the property including accounts receivable, collections, monthly charges, year-end charges and percentage rent. You will work closely with the Accounting department at the Toronto Head Office on financial reporting and processes, and lease administration affecting the property by executing the following duties:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual accruals
- Update, maintain and audit all tenant information to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date
- Prepare and coordinate initial rent letter and rent notices to all tenants
- Timely & accurate entry of Specialty Leasing license agreements (including related storage agreements) into ERP system
- Complete the monthly tenant audit for submission to General & Property Manager
- Reconcile rent roster on a monthly basis
- Assist with preparation and input of property budget(s)
- Manage and maintain accurate sales reports for the property
- Organize and collect supplementary tenant documentation including tenant insurance certificates, architectural certificates, and other pertinent documentation where required
- Resolve/reply to any tenant operating cost issues
- Liaise with Property Accountants in relation to property revenues/expenses, etc.
- Verify, collect, process, and input rent due, adjustments and other payments from tenants in ERP system
- Recommend bad debt allowances and write-offs and report these to the General & Property Manager
Supervision of Direct Report (1)
- Conduct annual performance review and coach direct report accordingly
- Supervise, mentor and evaluate direct report through formal and informal discussions, including annual evaluations and goal setting sessions to enhance employee job satisfaction, foster employment stability and to maximize productivity
- Actively participate in the hiring and training processes when required
- Provide regular updates & feedback to the General & Property Manager
To excel in this role, we are looking for candidates who are strategic, creative and can successfully utilise their strong interpersonal skills. If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, you likely have the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years property administration experience
- Minimum 1 year supervising, coaching, and mentoring direct report(s)
- Experience in Real Estate or Property Management an asset
- Knowledge and experience with property accounting software (Yardi preferred)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Join us and play a vital role in providing outstanding experiences to our valued customers and tenants. We are seeking individuals with a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and a strong commitment to ensuring customer satisfaction.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to embark on a rewarding career in the exciting world of real estate, we would love to hear from you!
To apply for the position of Senior Property Administrator, please email your resume to careers @primarisreit.com.
We appreciate all applications and will only contact those selected for an interview.
Join our team as a Senior Property Administrator and contribute to creating a positive and welcoming shopping experience.
Primaris is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities in the course of employment, including in recruitment and hiring. If, as a result of a disability, you require accommodation in order to apply for this role and/or participate in the recruitment process, please contact careers @primarisreit.com.
Primaris REIT is Canada's leading enclosed shopping centre-focused real estate investment trust. We own and operate a portfolio of 11.6 million square feet of dominant enclosed shopping centres valued at approximately $3.2 billion at Primaris' share. Our vision is to champion and elevate retail for Canadians by creating an exceptional experience for our customers while maintaining a strong presence in the industry.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person