About Manitoba Blue Cross
We’re a Manitoba-based, not-for-profit, health benefits provider with a vision to be the trusted and essential health and wellness partner for all Manitobans. Every dollar made is reinvested in our infrastructure, our people, and our province with the goal of providing better care for our members, expanding our community impact and broadening our health care knowledge.
Why work for us?
Manitoba Blue Cross, is a Manitoba Top Employer. We are empowered to give back to the community, and we know that caring needs to start in our workplace with our own Manitoba Blue Cross team. We actively foster a culture that focuses on your satisfaction, development, diversity, and growth.
Culture of Caring
We strive to succeed at reaching our organizational goals, but we always make time to celebrate our successes. Having fun as a group and rewarding our employees for their accomplishments is an essential part of our workplace culture.
We want our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve, and we're committed to creating a fair and respectful workplace. We offer a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance and support to advance your career that includes:
- Competitive starting salary.
- A comprehensive health benefit package.
- Hybrid work environment, flexible work schedules.
- Fully equipped onsite fitness center.
- Casual dress code to promote diversity and inclusivity.
- Personal and professional development.
Are you a driven, dedicated, and enthusiastic individual who wants to work in a friendly and rewarding environment? If so, we are looking for someone like you! The following position is open to anyone residing in Winnipeg and surrounding areas with valid work authorization.
The Benefit Services Business Systems Analyst - 1 year Term postion is responsible for assisting the Claims department with system or procedural problems, requests all systems changes from Information Technology Services and tests and approves all changes prior to release into production. The Benefit Services Analyst is responsible for the maintenance of all master data (benefit catalogue, benefit trees, policy products, client coverage, etc.) within the various Claims and Client Administration systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the identification and troubleshooting of system and procedural problems.
- Works with Information Technology Services to request systems changes, updates and corrections.
- Assists Information Technology Services in the testing of system changes prior to their release in production.
- Provides support to Group Sales and Group Underwriting with clarification of plan designs, system capabilities and the completion of group coverage records.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all master data required for correct Claims adjudication, including benefit catalogues, benefit trees, policy products and client coverage.
- Performs client coverage setup, changes and cancellations submitted through the Group & Change process.
- Maintains updates of Dental fee guides, Pharmacare drug formularies and various Health provider fee guides.
- Maintains Pharmacare Tracking information, including changes to clients and individual certificates.
- Updates Group Notes required for special claims handling
- Participates in internal department process reviews.
- Assists other departments with benefit information as required.
- Participates as a Claims Subject Matter Expert (SME) on corporate and departmental projects and initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Dedicated to the principles of exceptional service; committed to responding to, anticipating and addressing customer needs, for both internal and external customers.
- Post-secondary degree, certificate, or diploma preferably in business, science or related field. Equivalent combination of education and 2 to 5 years’ experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of quantitative analysis including cost benefit analysis, statistical analysis, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize several key activities on an ongoing basis.
- Thorough knowledge of office productivity tools, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and various database applications.
- Ability to learn and use all applications relevant to the Benefit Services and Claims departments.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels within the organization in a team environment.
- Ability to take broad directives and convert them to practical applications under the coaching and oversight of more senior members of the department.
- Ability to complete unstructured, non-routine assignment and develop creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good verbal presentation skills.
- Preference may be given to those candidates with experience in the health care benefits industry.
- Completion of or capable of completing industry education programs entailing a self- directed study and the writing of graded examinations. Specific programs include but are not limited to LOMA (ACS) and CEBS. Enrollment in, and completion of, such courses, as well as programs of professional development, will be encouraged
Ready to Apply? We are excited to meet you!
If you would like to join our team, you are invited to apply by submitting your resume and cover letter by clicking the "Apply" button below by October 5, 2023
To learn more visit:
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those being considered will be contacted.
Manitoba Blue Cross is committed to the principles of diversity, equity & inclusion and to promoting opportunities in hiring for everyone. We want our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve, and we're committed to creating a fair and respectful workplace.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please let us know.
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to reviewing your application.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.
Only those being considered for the selection process will be contacted.