Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario, a vibrant community of 45,000 residents that is a central hub for Northeastern Ontario. In Timmins, people can enjoy recreational activities such as camping, world class fishing, nature, and snowmobile trails. Direct flights to Toronto are available at the local airport via multiple carriers. There are many support networks in the community including the local Timmins and District Hospital, local sports leagues for children and adults (hockey, baseball, basketball, etc.), golf courses, both cross country and downhill ski resorts, a community pool, and many other community events that provide entertainment throughout the year (fairs, carnivals, concerts, etc.).
The Bell Creek Complex, located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of Timmins, Ontario, consists of an underground mine and processing facility. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt, with ore mined by narrow vein longhole stoping methods. Ore is then transported to surface via a modern one thousand eighty metre deep shaft capable of forty-eight hundred tonnes per day.
We are currently recruiting for: Long Term Planner
In this role, the Long Term Planner is accountable for managing and implementing mine planning and mine designs to optimize economic production of the ore reserve with safety inherent in their design.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Wages
- Relocation Assistance available for eligible positions
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Medical and Prescription Benefits
- Dental Plan
- Vision Coverage
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
Bell Creek Mine – Porcupine, Ontario
Monday – Friday – 8 hours shifts or 4/3 (10hr shifts)
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Coordinator, the Long Term Planner will have the following responsibilities:
1. Develop and maintain a 12-month rolling schedule in line with the company’s strategy and approved resources.
2. Develop optimized mine plans to be used for annual mine site budgeting and quarterly forecasting.
3. Ensure that a comprehensive ground control strategy exists in medium and long term plans in cooperation with all stakeholders.
4. Accountable for having mine systems and infrastructure properly designed with input from appropriate stakeholders. These include: ventilation, dewatering, secondary egress, material movement systems, refuge stations, mine services.
5. Monitor the short term production team’s adherence to medium and long term mining plans and resource allocations.
6. Provide guidance to short term planners on opportunities and risks identified in the rolling forecasts.
7. Participate in mid-year mineral reserves and resources processes.
8. Facilitate and participate in conceptual design reviews (“block plans”) for upcoming mining zones.
9. Assist with underground mining studies, including cost estimates, trade off studies, change to methodology or equipment.
10. Assist with special projects that arise within the planning and projects teams.
11. Participate actively in training programs, personal improvement, and job improvement initiatives.
12. Continually develop the ability, knowledge, and skills necessary to keep up with the changing methods and technology in the job.
13. Perform other duties as requested.
· Must possess a minimum of 4 years of mine planning experience in the hard rock underground environment.
· Accreditation as a fully qualified Professional Engineer in good standing is considered an added advantage.
· Hands-on experience in both long term and short term planning, preferably with Deswik software package.
· Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, theories, and techniques as they apply to ore body evaluation and underground mine operations.
· Strong initiative and work ethic as well as innovative and analytical thinking.
· Strong communication skills and excellent organizational and time management skills are required.
· Proficiency in mine planning softwares (AutoCAD, Deswik, Amine).
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, MS Project, PowerPoint)
· Good understanding of financial modelling for preparing budget, reserves and LOM reports.
· Experience supervising other technical staff such as engineering professionals, EITs, technicians would be considered an asset.
· Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person