For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why — despite the huge leaps we've taken in design and usability — does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s? OpenPhone is changing that.
We're a new type of business phone with a mission to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We're backed by Y Combinator and some of the best venture firms around including Tiger Global, Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, and others. We take pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love, which is why we're excited that our customers have rated us the #1 VoIP Provider on G2.
OpenPhone is the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. With thousands happy customers and several rounds of funding in just five years, it's safe to say we're onto something big.
Are you someone who loves helping customers? Do you appreciate new technology? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments? If you so, then you might be perfect for the CSM role at OpenPhone! As a CSM, you will have the opportunity to support customers through the implementation and onboarding process.
At OpenPhone, we believe that you can make a meaningful impact, and we're looking for someone who shares that vision. You will play a crucial role in setting customers up for long-term success with OpenPhone, so we need someone who can understand customers' needs and is eager to deliver the best client experience!
Are you excited about this opportunity? We can't wait to hear from you!
Here are some things you'll do:
- Deliver comprehensive 1:1 training sessions for admins and end-users, ensuring they are confident in using OpenPhone effectively.
- Identify what the customer's success metrics are and drive towards achieving them to ensure the customer is set up to realize OpenPhones' total value to their organization
- Customize implementation plans based on individual customer requirements and industry best practices.
- Work closely with the Sales and Customer Success Team to ensure a smooth and enjoyable transition into adopting our product as quickly and effectively as possible
- Take complete responsibility for your ownership window as part of a customer's entire OpenPhone lifecycle, including setting customers up successfully post-onboarding
- Manage multiple customer implementations simultaneously with the ability to complete associated tasks in a timely and effective manner
- Be confident, articulate, and sensitive to the needs of customers and internal partners.
- Gather customer feedback and insights, and communicate these findings to the Product team for continuous improvement.
- Become a product expert (and power user) of OpenPhone and its value proposition. This involves not only understanding the features and benefits of our product but also being able to effectively identify how these can help optimize our customer's workflows and improve their current processes
- You have 1-2 years of experience in a customer-facing role, preferably in customer success, sales or customer support.
- You are empathetic, customer-centric and focused on delivering exceptional client experience.
- You are a confident and patient communicator who is sensitive to the needs of our customers.
- You have a proactive mindset, constantly thinking outside the box to employ creative solutions where appropriate.
- You are detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and project management skills to handle multiple implementations simultaneously.
- You have the technical aptitude to understand software functionality and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- You are enthusiastic about taking on new challenges and responsibilities within the CSM role.
- Creating a delightful customer experience for every person you interact with is something that truly excites you.
As a fully remote company, we thrive asynchronously as a team. We are curious, ambitious, and dedicated to our work. We value trust above all else, and have a strong bias for action. If you're looking for a place to do your life's work, please get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.
And remember, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for optimists with grit and determination, who are excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply for this role even if you don't think you meet all the requirements.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. It is important that you are able to bring your authentic self to work every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.