Our client, a high-volume, North American manufacturer with a legacy of resilience & innovation, is seeking an Environmental Coordinator for its Oshawa, ON operations. Work and grow with a highly collaborative, hands-on team in this on-site role. Possibility to work from home on occasion after training period.
- Maintain safe working conditions, practices and ensure good safety processes in all activities
- Identify environmental aspects and impacts of facility and evaluate significance
- Perform Plant Environmental Inspections to evaluate adherence to internal and legislated requirements and coordinate responses/follow-up to inspection findings as necessary
- Support evaluation of plant environmental training needs
- Prepare environmental training material and conduct specific environmental training (eg. Spills Response, TDG, Legislative Awareness and more).
- Maintain RPRA waste registrations and coordinate/schedule shipment of registerable/hazardous waste
- Create, maintain and submit documents/reports to government agencies to fulfill regulatory requirements (eg. NPRI, ECA, E2 etc).
- Ensure permit conditions/requirements (eg. ECA) are implemented and being followed.
- Act as Liaison for any inquiries and/or inspections
- Report environmental incidents and compliance issues to the Environmental Manager immediately.
- Champion EMS Management Reviews to communicate all aspects of environmental performance to Plant Management
- Participate in and/or conduct environmental testing and reporting as related to EMS or legislative requirements (eg soil and waste water testing, etc);
- Graduate of Environmental studies/science program
- Degree/Diploma in Chemistry is a must
- 5 years’ experience in the environmental field in manufacturing is essential
- Detailed understanding of environmental legislation with a particular focus on Ontario and Federal Regulations, as well as local by-laws
- Understanding of Wastewater Treatment processes an asset
- Previous experience with ISO14000 implementation.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, CadnaA, AERMOD an asset
- Ability to use judgment to solve problems based on guidelines and procedures;
- Some limited travel to other company plants may be required
We are proud to support the full inclusion of persons with disabilities as set out in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to ensuring the workplace is free from discrimination. During our hiring process, we will notify job applicants that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected job applicant requests accommodation, we will consult with the individual and provide or arrange for the appropriate accommodation taking into account the applicant’s disability-related needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a degree or diploma in chemistry or related field of study? If so, which field?
- environmental coordination: 5 years (preferred)
- wastewater treatment: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person