The unify consulting group is dedicated to building healthy organizations through healthy employees. Each team member brings a unique set of skills and expertise that when combined, provides companies with a full range of organizational and executive consulting, training, individual counselling and treatment options that create healthy and productive individuals and teams. All unify consulting group team members embrace high ethical standards, a client-focused approach and the belief that empowering our clients is essential to long-term health and success. For individuals accessing our counselling services, we have a thorough intake and assessment process to find the counsellor that will best support their needs.
We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated, and conscientious Intake and Assessment Coordinator to join our team on a full-time basis. If you enjoy dancing while you work, making fun of each other’s tummy growls, and working where the walls are pink, this may just be the position for you! Come join an energetic and enthusiastic team that seeks to make a positive difference in the lives of others, every day!
Role & Responsibilities
Evaluating an individual’s circumstances over the phone presents a unique challenge. There are specific qualities that are required to be a successful and effective Intake and Assessment Coordinator:
- Dedication to the job – telephone triage can be stressful because of unexpected surges in volume, difficult callers, and the need to constantly be on the lookout for the potential client in crisis. Being a good Intake and Assessment Coordinator requires you to be committed to client care and constantly be alert.
- Good Listener – since the only information you get is verbal communication, you need to be able to listen carefully to what is being said. You also need to listen for indirect information such as tone of voice or words that may be concerning.
- Multi-Tasking and Critical Thinking Skills – during a routine call you will have to provide empathy, gather historical and demographic information, select the correct counsellor based on concerns, document the call and follow custom instructions. All of this must be done while maintaining a calm and understanding demeanour. Critical thinking is essential.
- Independent Worker – even though manager support is always available, you must make wise decisions based on the information given to you and function independently. Reassurance and genuinely caring for the client are some of the most important qualities.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Intake and assessment of new clients
- Creation and management of client files
- Ongoing follow-up with clients and counsellors
- Organizing and processing invoices throughout the month
- Assist with lunch and learns/workshops
- Responding to the after-hours phone on a rotational basis
- Being proactive in all aspects of your work
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple calls/caseloads, sometimes during a hectic and chaotic day.
- Ability to remain cool, calm and composed in the heat of the moment.
- Detail oriented with an uncanny ability to follow through on tasks.
- Understand and apply the full cycle of a process so that nothing gets left to chance.
- Always keep confidentiality and privacy top of mind.
- Dedication to doing what is right for unify and the client.
- Good intuition and the ability to make quick decisions using history and experience as guides for your actions.
- 1-3 years training/education in psychology or social work
We look forward to learning about your skills and experiences. Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous work experience in social work or psychology?
Work Location: In person