Pitt Meadows Plumbing and Mechanical Systems has been a leader in the industry for over 40 years. We specialize in pre-fabrication, modular systems and installation of large scale residential, commercial, institutional, educational, and medical design-build plumbing and mechanical projects.
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic team players to join our team as Red Seal Plumbers in Kamloops. If you are looking for an awesome company to build your career with, with tons of growth opportunities, and that thrives on innovative design and cutting-edge technology, then PMP is for you!
- A competitive compensation package
- Employer-paid Extended Health & Dental benefits package
- Long-term disability insurance
- Employee & family assistance program
- Group RRSP program
- Opportunities for continuous education
- Monetary incentive for employee referrals
- Growth opportunities
- Amazing corporate culture
- Respectful work environment
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Read and interpret mechanical drawings and of the assigned project(s).
- Plan and layout mechanical services for plumbing and HVAC piping.
- Install mechanical services per the drawing.
- Install plumbing services per the latest version of the BC Plumbing Code.
- Keeps their working area clean and tidy.
- Coordinate basic installation with other sub-trades.
- Read drawings of other disciplines. Very experienced RSP
- Comply with the job site QAQC requirements.
- Read and understand the site health and safety policies. Ensure all rules and regulations are being followed while working on site.
- Must be competent in modern technology to improve work quality and efficiency
- Red Seal Plumbers are responsible for executing procedures/tasks:
- From start to finish including the gathering material/equipment,
- Oversee small groups. Apprentices and or less experienced RSP’s
- Managing the material and equipment during assembly
- Capable of being solely responsible for all tools assigned to the task
- Responsible for identifying and conforming to any intermediate safety requirements
- Manage removal of garbage and debris created during the process
- Manage the testing process including Leak management
- Will take responsibility for the task and the performance of the group
- Processing material at completion, scrap, useful material. All put away and space clean.
- Able to lead, motivate and train apprentices
- Performs other duties as required.
Lead by example every day
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Detail-oriented and Organized
- Completion of Plumbing Red Seal Certification program.
- A minimum of 4 years in the mechanical construction industry.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Able to use appropriate, trade-related technology
- Strong understanding of the BC Plumbing Code.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Able to work from heights of up to 25 feet in the air on scissor lifts or ladders
- Mechanically inclined to work safely with hand tools and power tools
- Able to withstand high-stress and fast-paced environment on a construction site
- Team player that must be able to work well with others on construction sites, including PMP employees, contractors, sub-trades and others
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have good English skills
Standing on your feet 8 hours a day
- Walking up and down stairs all day long
- Walking through uneven grounds on construction sites
- Navigating around obstacles on construction sites, such as heavy equipment, cars, trucks
- Lifting your arms above your head for extended periods of time
- Crouching, bending, and kneeling
Who are you?
You value teamwork and consider yourself a true team player.
- You continuously challenge the status quo.
- You represent yourself and your work with passion and pride.
- You strive to do the right thing, always.
- You want a challenging yet rewarding position.
Compensation: DOE + RRSP + Employer-paid Extended Health & Dental benefits package + LTD + Life Insurance.
Please Note: This role requires candidates to be fully vaccinated as required by the client.
To know more about us, please visit our website https://www.pittmeadows.net/
Check us out on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/pitt-meadows-plumbing/
See our employee reviews on Indeed https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Pitt-Meadows-Plumbing-&-Mechanical-Systems/reviews
Applications will not be accepted at our office or on the job site – online applications only.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.