In your role, you will be asked to provide clinical support to patients with diabetes, in French, for the east part of the province of Quebec. The patient is the center of everything we do at Medtronic. Your professional association must enable you to make insulin adjustment to patients. Some traveling and overnight are involved below 30% of the time. Communication will be key as you will work with customers and team members. Leadership and organisational skill are important as you will have to manage clinics and be their key contact. Positive mindset with a can do attitude are a must as we want to create a great working environment.
Assist in Managing the clinical development, education, and customer education programs pertinent to Medtronic defined products and technology. Participates to Formulate and implement policies and procedures and participates in all facets of clinical and operational decision-making pertaining to the programs of the organizational unit. Trains and educates investigators/customers on proper use of the Medtronic product and technology.
A day in the life.
· Your professional association must enable you to make insulin adjustment to patients.
· Conducts on-site education and / or consulting
· Supports field personnel in providing the best possible outcomes and service for Medtronic customers.
· Partners with sales colleagues to develop and execute plans of sales for within one or more business unit(s).
· Participates in conventions, forums, and meetings to increase product awareness.
· Works closely with Clinical Lead, Clinical Management and Regional Sales team to provide customer case and sales support.
· Identifies and facilitates execution on growth opportunities with Sales and Clinical Support Team.
· Serves as a technical resource to support sales of a specific medical product or solution.
- Responsible for reporting complaints and Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR)
- Partners with leaders to provide direction in all aspects of the establishment, implementation, promotion, and administration of the clinical education activities, to include assessment, curriculum planning, communications and clinical skills development, and educational support
- Assist to Develop and execute clinical education programs designed to enhance user competencies
- Cultivates close relationship with strategic business partners, including all training centers and opinion leaders
- Provides new employee training on products, technology and materials
- Assist in developing objectives, and programs for marketing and selling the Company’s products
- Provides nursing and/or medical expertise in the development, implementation, and case reports, journal articles and clinical reports from clinicians
- Plans, directs, and coordinates educational workshops, and other programs, events, and activities (Maintain contact with customers to evaluate their clinical and educational needs)
- Work with other departments to establish priorities for the Company direction, new product development, and customer satisfaction
- Education reporting requirements (Must document all clinical support and education)
- Monthly Business Review with Sales Reps, Regional Sales Managers and Key Account Managers.
· High School Diploma or GED, Associate degree, or; Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in the healthcare or engineering field, with a High School Diploma or GED, or Minimum 2 years of work experience in the healthcare, with an Associate degree, or No minimum relevant experience, with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Knowledge of adult education and communication principles and practices
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community
- Desire to help others
- Composed under stress
- Strategic planning skills
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of nursing and/or medical principles, methods, and procedures
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate clinical education methodologies and assessment instruments
- Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments
- Working knowledge of conflict resolution and mediation principles and techniques
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Clinical Specialists are required to be within their assigned territory each day to be available as unscheduled needs arise. CS’s are required to work a number of weekend and holidays during the quarter, as determined by local management. Weeknight call coverage is the primary responsibility of the Sales Rep, however, at times, business and/or geographical needs require a CS to be scheduled for weeknight coverage as approved by regional management.
- Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy.
- Minimum travel of 30% of any given work week
- Required to travel for clinical coverage as needed and as directed by RSM/KAM/AM and/or Sr. CS.
- Frequent required travel to customer clinics, hospitals, and offsite meetings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile
Nice to have.
- Patient management experience
- Graduate degree preferred.
Diabetes Clinical trial experience within medical device space is a bonus.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent 2- handed lifting of up to 40 lbs. from floor to chair/table and from one to another surface at approximately the same level
- Sitting, standing and/or walking for up to eight plus hours per day
- Environmental exposures include eye protection, infectious disease and radiation
- Ability to wear 7-9 lbs of lead for extended periods of time while in the O.R.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Ability to effectively use a mobile phone, PC, keyboard and mouse
- Frequent bending/stooping, squatting and balance
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader — that’s why we make it a point to seek out, attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients.
Medtronic Canada strives through our vision to build a culture of inclusiveness through our commitment to employment equity and diversity. Discrimination is prohibited on any grounds protected under Canadian Human Rights legislation. Employment applications are encouraged from all members of our community. Upon request, candidates with disabilities will be accommodated during the recruitment process.