Supervisor, Networks and Servers opportunity with The Government of Prince Edward Island!
- $34 - $43 an hour
- Permanent with pension and benefits
- Flexible working hours with hybrid options
- Up to $2,500 annual training funds
- Travel allowance
- and much more!
Salary Range: $34.55 - $43.19 per hour (Level 18 UPSE)
Bi-Weekly Hours: 75.0 hours bi-weekly
Posting ID: 158771-0823TBSPI
Closing Date: Tuesday, September 26, 20234:00 p.m.
Department: Treasury Board Secretariat, IT Shared Services
Position: Full-Time Classified Position (Commencing immediately)
The Treasury Board Secretariat is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility. Our goal is to build a public sector workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve and to promote welcoming, diverse, inclusive, respectful workplaces that are accessible to all. We welcome all interested individuals including Indigenous People, persons with disabilities, Black, racialized, ethnic and culturally diverse groups, as well as people regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identities, and gender expressions. Those looking for more information are invited to visit our Diversity & Inclusion Policy.
Our Vision: Forward-looking people, service, and technology.
Our Mission: Our Team proudly delivers quality IT expertise and advice with our partners to make citizen and business-centric service possible.
The position of Networks & Server Supervisor is responsible for technical support of the provincial wide area network connecting all government facilities across the province including schools and health facilities.
This network represents connectivity to over 360 facilities and support of the local area networks within these sites. This position is also responsible for the technical support of the Government’s server environment which consists of over 1,000 servers both physical and virtual across 3 data centres and within local buildings.
As well, this position is responsible for technical support of the Government’s backup system for all data resident within the Server environments. All staff are client driven, working towards maximizing the return on IT investment.
Job duties include:
- Supervise the maintenance and operation of a secure network, server and backup environments through administrative, technical and procedural safeguards to ensure the availability of systems and services, and the confidentiality and integrity of information;
- Provide detailed technical advice to, and act as a technical resource;
- Supervise, train and guide Network and Server support staff;
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of network and server staff training procedures and policies;
- Assist in the planning and establishment of best practices for the Government Network and Server Environment;
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations;
- Maintain network hardware, determine requirements and arrange for service by vendors as required;
- Coordinate the installation and setup of hardware, wiring and migration of applications when installing network infrastructure at new sites;
- Provide support and liaise within the IT Shared Services Division;
- Other duties as required.
- University Degree or Diploma with major course work in networking or a discipline related to the position;
- Minimum 3 years related experience in the IT industry and extensive experience in support a complex network environment, network security, wiring standards and protocols;
- Experience in supporting sites using LANs with Microsoft Active Directory, WANs with Cisco network technologies and server environments with VMWare technologies;
- Demonstrated equivalencies will be considered;
- Ability to define the enterprise level network architecture, identify and develop network standards;
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills;
- Applicants must have a good previous work and attendance record. The successful applicant must provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check prior to beginning employment;
- Additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset.
Preference will be given to Employees of the Unclassified division as per the UPSE Civil Collective Agreement.
Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Where possible, submitting an electronic resume or job application is preferred. Otherwise, please return forms to PEI Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 2000, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, C1A 7N8. Applications may be sent by fax to (902) 368-4383.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT TO CONFIRM RECEIPT OF THE APPLICATION, BY TELEPHONE OR IN PERSON PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE.
Please ensure that the appropriate Posting ID number is stated on all application forms. You can apply online or obtain an application form by visiting our web site at www.jobspei.ca. Forms may also be obtained by contacting any PEI Government office, ACCESS PEI Centre, Regional Services Centre, or by telephone (902) 368-4080.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $34.55-$43.19 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Language training provided
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlottetown, PE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- IT industry: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-25