About Burgundy Diamond Mines
Burgundy Diamond Mines is a premier global diamond company that proudly produces and delivers ethically sourced diamonds from mine to market. Tracing diamonds end-to-end from its world-renowned Ekati Diamond Mine in Canada’s Northwest Territories, right through to retail diamond sales, creates unquestionable diamond origin and traceability.
Founded in Perth, Western Australia, Burgundy has established itself in the market through its innovative strategy and unique vertically integrated business model, focused on capturing margins along the full value chain of the diamond market. Burgundy is part of CanadaMark™, a program that assures manufacturers, retailers and customers, that Burgundy Diamonds are sustainably produced and support ethical investment in Canadian Northern Indigenous communities.
Burgundy has an office and a cutting and polishing facility in Perth, Australia, an office in Calgary, Canada and a diamond sales office in Antwerp, Belgium.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Warehouse and Materials, the Warehouse Technician is responsible for all functions related to receiving, storing, counting, and issuing of materials at the Mine Site.
The successful candidate will be working two (2) weeks on two (2) weeks off rotation at the Ekati mine site.
- Execute receiving process for all incoming materials including ensuring match to purchase order and packing slips including, unpacking boxes, counting materials in boxes to ensure accuracy and receive in SAP system;
- Compile reports for damaged materials when required and work closely with the Procurement team to ensure damaged parts are replaced/returned;
- Stock received materials in an organized, efficient, and safe manner to enable efficient and safe material picking;
- Pick, kit, and issue materials in timely manner in line with maintenance and operational requirements;
- Perform inventory counting in accordance to company inventory counting and audit procedures;
- Identify and catalogue parts and assemblies for a wide range of equipment;
- Provide excellent customer service;
- Work under time constraints to meet specific timelines;
- Ensure attention to detail and keen sense of safeguarding other people’s property and information;
- Practice good housekeeping at all times to ensure a safe and clean worksite;
- Safely operate various warehouse equipment including, IT28 loaders, Crown pickers, forklifts, pickup trucks and five (5) ton flat deck trucks, crew bus
- Mentorship of employees, trainees and trades people;
- Provide support to the logistics team in regard to loading and unloading of planes, as required;
- Always protect the safety and well-being of yourself and your co-workers. Follow all Company specific safety protocols and Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Able to lift up to 40lbs multiple times a day.
- Certified JP Partsperson, Red Seal certification or 5 years warehouse experience in mining is a requirement.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous experience with IT28 loaders, pickers, forklifts, pickup trucks and five (5) ton flat deck trucks preferred;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team to achieve best-in-class efficiency and productivity;
- Working knowledge of SAP and strong computer literacy with willingness to learn new computer skills;
- Class 5 driver's license is required;
- Knowledge of WHIMIS, which includes familiarity with chemical products, use, disposal and Safety Data Sheets applications.
What we offer
At Burgundy Diamond Mines, we believe people are our most important asset. This is why we are fully committed to the health, safety and well-being of our employees. We believe in establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
We are dedicated to developing our workforce and to creating an environment where people can learn, grow and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions and adult education initiatives.
We offer a competitive salary, performance bonus and total compensation package, including company paid extended health, dental and vision care, an Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP), employer matched pension, generous paid vacation and personal days, as well as a Dependent Scholarship Program and employee discounts. On site we provide accommodations and meals, a fully equipped gym and recreation facilities,
The Company provides travel to and from the Ekati mine site out of Calgary, Yellowknife, and other northern fly points.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Arctic’s Impact Benefit Agreement (IBA) Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume to receive priority consideration.
Visit www.burgundydiamonds.com to apply and to learn more about our operations.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found